Montgomery County Watershed Restoration and Outreach Grant
Chesapeake Bay Trust
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 5, 2018 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Montgomery County, Maryland
Location of residency: MarylandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Montgomery County Government and the Chesapeake Bay Trust (the Trust) announce a grant program to support watershed restoration and outreach projects and programs throughout Montgomery County. This program aims to promote initiatives and projects which will improve water quality in Montgomery County’s local streams and waterways, as called for in the County’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit and Implementation Strategy. Projects must be implemented in Montgomery County. Applications must include at least one partner that represents a stakeholder group based in Montgomery County, Maryland.
The Chesapeake Bay Trust (the Trust), supported in large part by the Treasure the Chesapeake license plate program, promotes public awareness and participation in the restoration and protection of the Chesapeake Bay and its rivers. Since 1985, the Trust has awarded over $80 million in grants to municipalities, nonprofit organizations, schools, and public agencies throughout Maryland. The Trust serves as the administrator for this grant program which is funded entirely through the Montgomery County Water Quality Protection Charge
Goals of The Program
The Montgomery County Watershed Restoration and Outreach Grant Program will fund projects that increase public engagement and promote stewardship projects that reduce pollutants through community-based restoration practices. All proposals will be evaluated by a Technical Review Committee.
Goals include :
- Projects that assist non-profit organizations such as watershed organizations to significantly engage residents in achieving water quality improvement through increased awareness and quantifiable behavior change and/or
- Projects that demonstrate runoff reduction and local water quality improvement on non-profit owned property. Priority will be given to projects installed on property owned by Faith based institutions where projects are able to demonstrate significant social influence and impact.
Montgomery County Government has the responsibility to meet regulatory watershed restoration and water quality improvement goals. Significant effort is needed from individuals and community-based groups in order to meet these goals, since the amount of privately-owned land far exceeds the amount of County owned land .
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Trust welcomes applicants from 501c3 non-profit organizations, such as:
- Community associations
- Faith-based organizations
- Service, youth, and civic groups
- Watershed organizations
- This is not an exhaustive list of eligible applicants, however, applicants must have a current 501c3 status
- Projects must be implemented in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- The Montgomery County Watershed Restoration and Outreach Grant Program supports requests for funding of the following project types:
- Public Outreach and Stewardship projects
- Community Based Restoration Implementation Projects .
- Groups that have predominantly community-oriented missions are strongly encouraged to consider submitting an application.
- Projects that involve groups typically underrepresented in watershed activities are strongly encouraged.
- Montgomery County is not able to support projects that are required under an existing or pending regulatory process or permit, are required for mitigation, or are required by a regulatory authority for any other reason. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to determine if any regulatory requirements or conditions exist prior to applying for the grant.
- In addition, stream restoration or stabilization projects
cannot be funded through this program.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Montgomery County Watershed Restoration and Outreach Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.