Feline & Canine Grants: Established Investigator
Morris Animal FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately US $150,000
Deadline: Mar 11, 2020 1:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Established Investigator Grants
The mission of Morris Animal Foundation (MAF) is to bridge science and resources to advance the health of animals. To achieve this aim, we fund hypothesis-driven, humane animal health research projects with high scientific merit and the potential for significant impact on animal health.
Established Investigator grants are designed to provide funding for research by individuals and teams with a previous record of research and publication.
Proposals should be designed to convince the reviewers that the proposed project will advance the science of animal health; the investigator clearly understands the health problem and has the expertise to conduct the study; and the approach is scientifically sound.
Application Limits: MAF permits a maximum of two applications as Principal Investigator per year.
Resubmissions: A proposal that is not approved for funding can be re-submitted a maximum of two times (three total submissions to MAF).
Budget: There is no limit to the annual budget request, however the average award is approximately $50,000.00/year.
Duration: Maximum study duration is three years.
We welcome proposals on any topic that advances feline health. This cycle, additional funding is also available for proposals pertaining to:
- Prevention, treatment and diagnosis of heartworm disease in cats.
Please note that proposals pertaining to this special area of interest are still evaluated and ranked with the main pool of proposals.
We welcome proposals on any topic that advances canine health. This cycle, additional funding is also available for proposals pertaining to:
- All aspects of heart disease in Doberman pinschers.
- Appropriate dosing of CBD-rich hemp oil used for pain management in dogs.
- Prevention, treatment and diagnosis of heartworm disease in dogs.
Please note that proposals pertaining to these special areas of interest are still evaluated and ranked with the main pool of proposals.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All investigators are eligible to apply.
- Competitive applicants have a previous record of research and publication.
- Health Study Policy: Projects must adhere to MAF’s Health Study Policy for Animals Involved in Research.
- Projects oriented toward human health and agricultural animal health do not fall within Morris Animal Foundation's mission and will not be accepted.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Feline & Canine Grants: Established Investigator by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.