MSF: Educational Support for Children Grant
Morris Stulsaft FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Deadline: Aug 29, 2019 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County
Location of residency: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Dedicated to the well-being of Bay Area children and youth. We fund organizations with strong and effective leadership that prepare children and youth from low-income households for fulfilled and productive lives.
Educational Support for Children (Serves Ages 5-14)
The foundation values programs that bring stability into the lives of young persons by:
- Helping children succeed in school
- Fostering the development of healthy and trusting relationships
- Supporting social and emotional development
Strong applicants will be school-based or school-linked and provide programs and services through a trauma-informed lens, consider community and personal risk factors, engage families and caregivers, and provide a foundation for lifelong learning. The foundation will consider programs that provide one or more elements such as tutoring, mentoring, community engagement, leadership development, or enrichment; and are able to demonstrate an impact on learning.
Programs must serve a high percentage (over 85%) of children that come from families that live below the poverty level, live in single-parent households, receive public assistance, or live with adults who are unemployed.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are geographically limited to organizations headquartered in and serving the five San Francisco Bay Area counties of Alameda, Marin, northern San Mateo (extending south to Redwood City), San Francisco, and west Contra Costa.
- The Foundation considers capital requests by invitation only.
- Only one request from an organization will be funded in a 12-month period.
- Organizations may receive funding for up to three consecutive years.
- After three consecutive years of funding, an organization must take a one-year break before submitting a new application.
- Please note that receiving one grant is not a commitment to future funding.
- Preference may be given to programs that serve foster youth and/or homeless youth, and children of color; and those that serve children from or are located in neighborhoods of concentrated disadvantage.
- The Foundation does not award grants to individuals or independent schools.
- The Foundation does not support conferences, events, endowments, fund development, or deficit reduction.
- The Foundation does not support psychological services to individuals or case management services.
- The Foundation does not make multi-year grants, but subsequent requests may be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MSF: Educational Support for Children Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.