MSF: Participation in the Arts Grant
Morris Stulsaft Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2019 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County
Location of residency: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Purpose of the Foundation
- Motivating young people to learn and develop a lifelong interest in the arts
- Providing hands-on experience in the arts
- Connecting children to their communities and promoting understanding of other cultures and the world beyond
Strong applicants will offer opportunities for under-served young people to actively participate in the arts. Programs must be connected to a school or school district, either by providing classes during the school-day or after-school. Programs must also offer participants a minimum of 15 hours of hands-on art-making experience in any one summer or semester. Programs should align with the California State Board of Education Standards for Visual and Performing Arts.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are geographically limited to organizations headquartered in and serving the five San Francisco Bay Area counties of Alameda, Marin, northern San Mateo (extending south to Redwood City), San Francisco, and west Contra Costa.
- The Foundation considers capital requests by invitation only.
- Only one request from an organization will be funded in a 12-month period.
- Organizations may receive funding for up to three consecutive years.
- After three consecutive years of funding, an organization must take a one-year break before submitting a new application.
- Please note that receiving one grant is not a commitment to future funding.
- The Foundation does not award grants to individuals or independent schools.
- The Foundation does not support conferences, events, endowments, fund development, or deficit reduction.
- The Foundation does not support psychological services to individuals or case management services.
- The Foundation does not make multi-year grants, but subsequent requests may be considered.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MSF: Participation in the Arts Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.