Sustaining Environmental Systems Grant
Mortenson Family FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Mar 30, 2021 2:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Environmental Conservation Habitat & Ecosystem Restoration Limnology Hydrology Freshwater Conservation Water Resource Management
Applicant type: Nonprofit, College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Project / Program
Location of project: Minnesota
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must have 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.
- We are most interested in partnering with nonprofit 501(c) (3) organizations that exhibit a majority of these characteristics:
- Focus on sustainability by considering the ecosystem’s ability to provide ecosystem goods and ecosystem services in perpetuity.
- Deliver multiple environmental outcomes and benefits at the scale of an entire watershed, including, but not limited to, protecting and conserving habitats, storing carbon, and protecting at-risk species. Although not as high priority, organizations that focus on a specific watershed attribute for a single outcome will be considered.
- Provide either direct service (i.e. land conservation, water quality improvements, agricultural interventions, etc) or builds capacity to affect positive change for a watershed through environmental education, research or policy.
- Provide access to the benefit of their work.
- Work in partnership with private and public sectors, including across the political spectrum.
- Ability to sustain programs and impact without continued funding from the Foundation.
- Although they may complement the overall Foundation goal, the following strategies fall outside of our desired focus:
- Research without a focus on watershed properties.
- Conferences, festivals, and events
- Strategies that focus on watersheds outside of Minnesota. The Foundation understands ecosystems are not defined by governmental boundaries and that projects outside the state may impact watersheds in Minnesota. For example, if a project on the St. Croix River was focused only on benefitting a Wisconsin watershed, the project would fall outside of our desired focus.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”