Sustaining Environmental Systems Grant
Mortenson Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Apr 10, 2020 2:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Project / Program
Location of project: Minnesota
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must have 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.
- We are most interested in partnering with nonprofit 501(c) (3) organizations that exhibit a majority of these characteristics:
- Focus on sustainability by considering the ecosystem’s ability to provide ecosystem goods and ecosystem services in perpetuity.
- Deliver multiple environmental outcomes and benefits, including, but not limited to, protecting and conserving habitats, storing carbon, and protecting at-risk species. Although not as high priority, organizations that focus on a specific watershed attribute for a single outcome will be considered.
- Provide either direct service (i.e. land conservation, water quality improvements, agricultural interventions, etc) or builds capacity to affect positive change for a watershed through environmental education, research or policy.
- Provide access to the benefit of their work.
- Address issues at the scale of an entire watershed.
- Work in partnership with private and public sectors, including across the political spectrum.
- Ability to sustain programs and impact without continued funding from the Foundation.
- Although they may complement the overall Foundation goal, the following strategies fall outside of our desired focus:
- Research without a focus on watershed properties.
- Conferences, festivals, and events
- Strategies that focus on watersheds outside of Minnesota. The Foundation understands ecosystems are not defined by governmental boundaries and that projects outside the state may impact watersheds in Minnesota. For example, if a project on the St. Croix River was focused only on benefitting a Wisconsin watershed, the project would fall outside of our desired focus.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sustaining Environmental Systems Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.