U.S. Grant Requests
Mosaic Company & Mosaic Company FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $75,000
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 29, 2019 10:00pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 28, 2019 10:00pm PDT, Sep 27, 2019 9:00pm PDT, Dec 20, 2019 10:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Florida: DeSoto County, Hardee County, Hillsborough County, Leon County, Manatee County, Polk County, Tazewell County, Illinois, Counties in Louisiana: De Soto Parish, St. James Parish, Counties in Minnesota: Hennepin County, Scott County, Eddy County, New Mexico, Counties in Texas: Fort Bend County, Harris County, Montgomery County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Florida: DeSoto County, Hardee County, Hillsborough County, Leon County, Manatee County, Polk County, Tazewell County, Illinois, St. James Parish, Louisiana, Counties in Minnesota: Hennepin County, Scott County, Eddy County, New Mexico, Counties in Texas: Fort Bend County, Harris County, Montgomery County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
At Mosaic, we help the world grow the food it needs. We focus our investments in three core areas that help us achieve this goal: Food, Water and Local Community Investments.
To feed a growing global population, food production will have to double by 2050 yet today, a daunting challenge considering that today, one billion people go to bed hungry each night. We seek to address these issues by concentrating on the following funding areas:
- Hunger: food insecurity and food system development in local communities where we have facilities and offices
- Global Agricultural Development: addressing global food security through development programs focused on smallholder farmers in developing nations where we have key stakeholders
- Agricultural Education: research, education and extension programs primarily focused on soil health and balanced nutrition and increasing the capacity of farmers to grow more food sustainably
Water is the greatest limiting factor to growing more food. By 2030, it is estimated that the world will experience a 30 percent shortfall in freshwater supply at current consumption rates. We seek to address water conservation by concentrating on the following funding areas:
- Habitat Conservation: conserving resources and encouraging stewardship of the environment, including biodiversity and habitat protection where we have facilities and offices
- Nutrient Stewardship: nutrient stewardship and ecosystem management programs that promote sustainable agriculture and best management practices in watersheds where we have facilities, offices, and other key stakeholder relationships
- Watershed Restoration: preservation and restoration in regions where we have facilities and offices
Our local communities are our homes and we have a vested interest in their sustainability. We understand that for Mosaic to prosper, our communities must also. Mosaic strives to make investments that will protect and enhance the long term quality of life in our communities for ourselves, our families and our neighbors. We concentrate funding in the following areas:
- Philanthropic and Civic: partnerships that enrich the long term strength of communities in which Mosaic has offices and operations
- Operating Communities: Organizations in which our employees are donating their time, talent and expertise
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be registered as a 501(c)(3) organization with the United States IRS, a charitable organization with the Canadian Revenue Agency, or an equivalent institutional registration.
- Applicants must be located in geographic areas surrounding Mosaic locations and offices, unless seeking a global or national partnership.
- We prefer that requests not exceed 10 percent of organization’s annual operating budget and 50 percent of the program’s annual budget.
- Grant applications are only accepted from
organizations that attest to non-discrimination. Partner organizations must attest in the online grant application process that their organization does not have written policies, advocate for, support, and/or have practices to discriminate.
- Not eligible for funding:
- Granting Organizations
- Political or private membership organizations, unless a 501(c)(3) or equivalent organization that conducts charitable work for the express purpose of supporting the entire community and not a select political or membership-affiliated community
- Faith-based organizations, unless the 501(c)(3) or equivalent organization conducts charitable work for the express purpose of supporting the entire community and not a faith-based or faith-selected community
- Public policy, grassroots organizing, advocacy and electoral campaigns
- Endowment campaigns
- Please note that Mosaic does not fund:
- Residential recycling programs
- Energy development, including dams and renewable energy
- Sewage improvement projects in developed countries
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the U.S. Grant Requests by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.