AMCA Research Fund
American Mosquito Control Association (AMCA)
Grant amount: Up to US $55,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 29, 2018 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Research Scientist PhD Student Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Our mission is to provide leadership, information, and education leading to the enhancement of health and quality of life through the suppression of mosquitoes and other vector-transmitted diseases, and the reduction of annoyance levels caused by mosquitoes and other vectors and pests of public health importance.
Mosquito control is science-based. Mosquito control professionals use observation of mosquito populations, evaluation of control applications, and predictive modeling to determine what is likely to happen as part of virus transmission cycles. Mosquito control has benefited from a long history of researchers within mosquito abatement agencies, at public and private universities, and at other qualified research institutions examining how to improve mosquito control to provide a better quality of life for the public.
In 2015, the American Mosquito Control Association was approached to begin administering the Mosquito Research Foundation. Re-named the AMCA Research Fund, the new program seeks to fund research that will lead to new tools and strategies for mosquito surveillance and control, ultimately protecting the public from mosquito-borne disease and discomfort from mosquito bites.
In general, AMCARF seeks to support research that:
- Enhances public mosquito and vector control agency mosquito control programs
- Originates from young researchers building their careers
More specifically, AMCARF priority areas include but are not limited to projects investigating:
- Mosquito behavior and ecology
- Arbovirus transmission
- Chronic and/or acute impact of pesticides on target and non-target organisms
- Novel methods of domestic and/or urban mosquito surveillance and control
- Novel methods of arbovirus surveillance, control, and risk prediction
- Adulticides and/or larvicides: new products research
- Pesticide efficacy and/or resistance
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Proposals can be submitted from staff at local and state mosquito abatement programs, public and private universities and other qualified research institutions.
- No more than 2 proposals per researcher per grant cycle will be accepted.
- Early career researchers, including those whose job titles are Assistant Professor, Post-Doctoral Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate, or researchers in county and state government institutions with fewer than 10 years on the job, are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Small projects are particularly encouraged, but an upper limit of $55,000 on any one-year of one project has been set.
- AMCARF is committed to funding small projects and cannot fund university overhead costs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AMCA Research Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.