Motorola Solutions Foundation Grant
Motorola Solutions Foundation
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $50,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 2, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Apr 16, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in Alabama: Bibb County, Blount County, Chilton County, Jefferson County, Shelby County, St. Clair County, Walker County, San Diego County, California, Counties in Colorado: Adams County, Jefferson County, Counties in Florida: Broward County, Miami-Dade County, Palm Beach County, Counties in Georgia: Barrow County, Butts County, Carroll County, Cherokee County, Clayton County, Cobb County, DeKalb County, Douglas County, Fayette County, Forsyth County, Fulton County, Gwinnett County, Henry County, Newton County, Paulding County, Pickens County, Rockdale County, Spalding County, Walton County, Counties in Illinois: Cook County, DeKalb County, DuPage County, Grundy County, Kane County, Kendall County, Lake County, McHenry County, Will County, Anne Arundel County, Maryland, Counties in Utah: Salt Lake County, Tooele County, Counties in Washington: King County, Pierce County, Snohomish County Other eligible locations: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Motorola Solutions Foundation
The Motorola Solutions Foundation, the charitable arm of Motorola Solutions, focuses its funding on public safety, disaster relief, employee volunteerism and education, especially engineering and information technology programming.
Grant Program Focus Areas
The Motorola Solutions Foundation will focus its giving in three key areas:
- STEM education, specifically focused on technology and engineering,
- public safety education and
- blended public safety and technology & engineering education programs.
Technology & Engineering Education: Priorities
- Engages students in innovative, hands-on technology and engineering activities, such as coding, programming and robotics
- Provides vocational skills and certifications in engineering or information technology
- Helps teachers improve their teaching of STEM subjects
- Elevates system change through field-building
- High priority will be placed on middle school-university programs
Public Safety Education: Priorities
- Provides professional development and training opportunities to first responders, including wellness programs
- Leads safety and disaster preparedness trainings for the general public
- Prepares youth and young adults for careers in public safety through outreach and educational programs
- Provides support programs to families of first responders, including recovery support
- Invests in education and training scholarships for public safety professionals as well as family of fallen first responders
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organization applying for grant funding must be registered as a 501(c)3 organization, NCES school or school district in the United States.
- Motorola Solutions Foundation strongly prioritizes programs that take place in or near the metropolitan area of Motorola Solutions offices:
- Birmingham, AL
- San Diego, CA
- Westminster, CO
- Plantation, FL
- Lawrenceville, GA
- Schaumburg/Elgin, IL
- Chicago, IL
- Linthicum, MD
- West Valley City, UT
- Seattle, WA
- Programs that effectively blend the two focus areas will be prioritized.
- Other priorities will include:
- reaching females and other underrepresented populations;
- Motorola Solutions employee engagement;
- robust partnerships with non-profit organizations and institutions;
- strong financial organizational health; and
- the ability to evaluate program impact and outcomes
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Motorola Solutions Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.