Motorola Solutions Foundation Grant
Motorola Solutions FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $50,000
Next anticipated deadline: Apr 29, 2020 (Full proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Feb 3, 2021 3:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in Alabama: Bibb County, Blount County, Chilton County, Jefferson County, Shelby County, St. Clair County, Walker County, Riverside County, California, Counties in Colorado: Adams County, Jefferson County, Counties in Florida: Broward County, Miami-Dade County, Palm Beach County, Counties in Georgia: Barrow County, Butts County, Carroll County, Cherokee County, Clayton County, Cobb County, DeKalb County, Douglas County, Fayette County, Forsyth County, Fulton County, Gwinnett County, Henry County, Newton County, Paulding County, Pickens County, Rockdale County, Spalding County, Walton County, Counties in Illinois: Cook County, DeKalb County, DuPage County, Grundy County, Kane County, Kendall County, Lake County, McHenry County, Will County, Anne Arundel County, Maryland, Counties in Texas: Collin County, Denton County, Counties in Utah: Salt Lake County, Tooele County Other eligible locations: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Motorola Solutions Foundation
The Motorola Solutions Foundation, the charitable arm of Motorola Solutions, focuses its funding on public safety, disaster relief, employee volunteerism and education, especially engineering and information technology programming.
Grant Program Focus Areas
The Motorola Solutions Foundation will focus its giving in three key areas:
- STEM education, specifically focused on technology and engineering,
- public safety education and
- blended public safety and technology & engineering education programs.
- Impact: Organizations with proven evaluation processes, including quantifiable metrics and outcomes, will be prioritized
- Reaches females and other underrepresented populations
- Engages Motorola Solutions employees
- Leverages robust partnerships with other non-profit organizations and institutions
- Exhibits strong organizational financial health
Technology & Engineering Education: Priorities
- Engages students in innovative, hands-on technology and engineering activities, such as coding, programming and robotics
- Provides vocational skills, scholarships, certifications and workforce placement opportunities in engineering and information technology
- Helps teachers improve their teaching of STEM subjects
- High priority will be placed on middle school-university programs
Public Safety Education: Priorities
- Provides professional development and specialized training opportunities to first responders, including wellness programs
- Prepares youth and young adults for careers in public safety through outreach, scholarship and educational programs
- Provides support programs to families of first responders
- Leads safety and disaster preparedness trainings for the public
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organization applying for grant funding must be registered as a 501(c)3 organization, NCES school or school district in the United States.
- Motorola Solutions Foundation strongly prioritizes programs within the United States and internationally that take place in or near the metropolitan area of Motorola Solutions offices as well as the universities Motorola Solutions recruits future employees.
- Priority locations within the U.S:
- Midwest: Chicago (IL), Elgin (IL), Schaumburg (IL), Plano (TX)
- East: Plantation (FL), Linthicum (MD), Lawrenceville (GA), Birmingham (AL)
- West: West Valley City (UT), Westminster (CO), Temecula (CA)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Motorola Solutions Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.