Mount Everest Foundation Grant
Mount Everest Foundation
Grant amount: Approximately £60,000
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 30, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Jan 31, 2019
Applicant type: Unaffiliated Researcher Postdoctoral Researcher Working Professional Faculty Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: New Zealand, United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The MEF is a Registered Charity. Its aims are to encourage and support expeditions exploring mountain regions, and both education and research pertaining to a wide range of subjects in mountain areas, including geography, glaciology and the effects of altitude. Unless an expedition has research as its primary objective, it must have a strong exploratory element to be deemed eligible for support.
As the MEF does not normally expect to provide more than a minor part of an expedition’s finances,
organisers of large and expensive expeditions should be aware that the MEF has limited resources.
Expeditions should therefore be able to show that a large proportion of the estimated budget will be
raised elsewhere, and that personal contributions are of a sufficient size
Since 1991 the Foundation has also awarded the Alison Chadwick Memorial
Grant to deserving female expeditions or individual climbers applying
for MEF support. Applicants should use the standard MEF application form (MEF-F), and their eligibility will be considered automatically during the screening process.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Normally, the MEF will only support expeditions where the majority of members come from Great Britain or New Zealand.
- Expeditions planning geographical exploration, first ascents of, or major new routes on high or remote mountains are likely to qualify.
- Applications from expeditions proposing to visit little-explored or formerly inaccessible areas are particularly encouraged, as are those pursuing worthwhile research.
- The MEF does not normally support scientific work that is part of an individual’s undergraduate degree course.
- No grant can be awarded to an MEF Trustee.
- However, an expedition that includes one or more MEF Trustees can apply for and be awarded a grant on the clear understanding that the grant must benefit only the other members of the team.
- The Trustee(s) must sign a statement confirming that no personal benefit was gained from the MEF grant.
- Although applications may be considered from expeditions that have left their country of origin prior to the
date of the interview, no expedition that has already returned home can be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mount Everest Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.