Mount Rest Fund Grant
East Tennessee Foundation
Deadline: Apr 19, 2025
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $20,000
Fields of work: Women & Girl Services Child Welfare Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Knox County, Tennessee
Location of residency: Preferred: Knox County, Tennessee Other eligible locations: Anywhere in the world
About East Tennessee Foundation
East Tennessee Foundation (ETF) is a public charity and community foundation created by and for the people of East Tennessee. Many donors and organizations join together to make the region we love a better place – today, and for future generations.
ETF was established in 1986 with $625,000 in assets. Since then, it has grown into a community foundation supporting 25 counties, managing $648 million in assets (as of year-end 2021), and is comprised of 491 charitable funds and 8 supporting organizations. Like other community foundations, ETF operates as a collection of hundreds of distinct charitable funds and supporting foundations established by individuals, families, businesses, and other nonprofits.
Our work helps achieve a wide variety of philanthropic objectives in our community.
Mount Rest Fund
Provides for the welfare of women and children in Knox County.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible organizations must have and be able to provide documentation to verify the following:
- Confirmation that the organization is a 501(c)(3) public charity, unit of government
- New or emerging groups that do not have nonprofit status may apply if they have an established nonprofit organization as a fiscal sponsor
- Confirmation that the organization operates and is organized so as to not discriminate on the basis of race, color national origin, religion, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, age, disability, covered veteran status, or other characteristics as identified in the Foundation’s Non-Discrimination Policy Statement.
- Additional eligibility criteria specific to Mount Rest Fund:
- Applicant organization must serve women and/or children in Knoxville or Knox County
- Under special circumstances, grants will be made to institutions outside Knox County for programs that are operated within or provide direct benefit to residents of the county
- Schools and churches are ineligible for funding
- The following types of requests will not be funded:
- Grants to individuals. We are restricted by law and therefore unable to provide grants directly to individuals.
- Projects that have explicit religious content, express a particular religious view, or advance a religious purpose
- Debt retirement or budget deficits
- Endowment funds or general fundraising campaigns
- Capital improvements
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund Grant
- Arts Fund for East Tennessee
- Boyd Youth Education Fund Grant
- Economic Development Fund of East Tennessee
- Harry W. & Carolyn W. Galbraith Memorial Fund
- Jefferson Health Care Foundation Fund
- Johnson County Community Foundation Grant
- KiMe Fund Grant
- Literacy Endowment Fund
- Margaret M. and Harley H. Wachs Youth Leadership Fund Grant
- The John D. Grubb and Louise G. Sumner Fund for Monroe County Grant
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”