Urban Forestry: Mountaineer Treeways Grant
West Virginia Division of Forestry
Grant amount: Unspecified amount in in-kind support
Anticipated deadline: Mar 24, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit For-Profit Business
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: West Virginia
Location of residency: West VirginiaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Mountaineer Treeways program provides trees seedlings at no cost for communities and volunteer organizations to plant on public land across West Virginia. All trees must be planted on public property. Trees will be distributed in early April as weather and nursery conditions permit. The program is made possible by donations from Toyota Motor Manufacturing of West Virginia and is administered by the West Virginia Division of Forestry."
- To encourage volunteers and municipalities to become more involved with community forestry and tree planting projects.
- To provide a low cost alternative to other grant programs requiring matching funds.
- To strengthen and support existing comprehensive tree care programs in larger communities and cities.
- To encourage the initiation and development of comprehensive tree care programs in smaller communities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Any government entity, civic organization or local business may apply for this program.
- All trees must be planted on public land in West Virginia.
- Volunteers and paid employees may plant the trees.
- All applicants must obtain prior approval for their planting plans from the public entity owning and/or managing the property.
- All participants must maintain the project in good condition for at least three years after completion at their expense.
- The maximum number of trees that can be requested by an applicant is 300.
- Additionally, it is important to make sure the quantity of trees requested is compatible with the size of the planting site and number of planters available.
- For street plantings, trees should be spaced between 20 feet and 40 feet apart depending on species.
- The trees will need to be planted within a very few days of delivery.
- Please order only the number of trees needed.
- Quantities will be regulated and species substituted to meet availability.
- Orders must be in multiples of ten for each species.
- Preference will be given to projects involving:
- rest areas
- park & rides
- public parks
- city streets
- and other municipal property
- Trees may not be sold or given away for other uses.
- Trees should not be planted directly under utility lines.
- Applicants who do not adhere to the requirements under "Eligibility" will be excluded from future participation in Mountaineer Treeways.
- Applicants may not request more than 50 trees of a single species.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Urban Forestry: Mountaineer Treeways Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.