The Paul Wiseman Conservation Education Grant
The Keta Legacy FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 20, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Canada, Counties in Washington: Clallam County, Island County, Jefferson County, King County, Kitsap County, Mason County, Pierce County, San Juan County, Skagit County, Snohomish County, Thurston County, Whatcom County Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
KLF offers a competitive grant program to qualifying conservation-focused non-profit organizations whose programs and activities preserve and protect environments and living organisms of the Salish Sea region. By helping others fulfill their conservation missions, we support the health of the Salish Sea region.
The Salish Sea region is the intricate network of coastal mountains, land, and waterways that include the southwestern portion of the Canadian province of British Columbia and the northwestern portion of the U.S. state of Washington. Its major bodies of water are the Strait of Georgia, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and Puget Sound.
Our funding criteria for these conservation education grants are based on our by-laws, articles of incorporation, status as an IRS-designated 501(c)(3) organization, and the wishes of Paul Wiseman, founding member of the Keta Legacy Foundation.
Level 2: The Paul Wiseman Conservation Education Grant
The Keta Legacy Foundation is pleased to announce the expansion of the Paul Wiseman Conservation Education Grant. We will offer two grants during this round with a $15,000 limit for each.
- For one award, we will welcome substantial projects that envision significant environmental education benefits with carefully articulated goals and outcomes.
- The second award will be given for a restoration project that includes a strong educational research component.
- Both grant types should have high impact or visibility and could span multiple years.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We Support:
- selected projects of 501(c)(3) or of other non-profit organizations and of certain agencies such as libraries and schools;
- selected projects that involve a variety of community organizations
- Projects may include:
- direct educational programs and materials related to environmental conservation
- lectures, conferences, seminars
- written or audiovisual awareness materials
- curriculum or other instructional materials
- We are unable to support:
- for-profit organizations
- regular operating expenses (e.g. overhead, ongoing or administrative salaries)
- projects that include legislative lobbying or support candidates for office
- commercial ventures or feasibility studies that might lead to commercial products or programs
- fund drives
- projects that could harm the environment
- memberships in organizations
- projects that have no start/end dates
- projects that repeat established and/or verified studies
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Paul Wiseman Conservation Education Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.