MF: Community Conservation Education Grants
The Keta Legacy FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Deadline: Mar 6, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Canada, Counties in Washington: Clallam County, Island County, Jefferson County, King County, Kitsap County, Mason County, Pierce County, San Juan County, Skagit County, Snohomish County, Thurston County, Whatcom County Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
KLF offers a competitive grant program to qualifying conservation-focused non-profit organizations whose programs and activities preserve and protect environments and living organisms of the Salish Sea region. By helping others fulfill their conservation missions, we support the health of the Salish Sea region.
The Salish Sea region is the intricate network of coastal mountains, land, and waterways that include the southwestern portion of the Canadian province of British Columbia and the northwestern portion of the U.S. state of Washington. Its major bodies of water are the Strait of Georgia, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and Puget Sound.
Our funding criteria for these conservation education grants are based on our by-laws, articles of incorporation, status as an IRS-designated 501(c)(3) organization, and the wishes of Paul Wiseman, founding member of the Keta Legacy Foundation.
Level 1: Community Conservation Education Grants
Community Conservation Education Grants are limited to no more than $5000 and are meant to support modest, short-term projects related to conservation education and consistent with our vision and mission.
Projects may include
- direct educational programs and materials related to environmental conservation
- lectures, conferences, seminars
- written or audiovisual awareness materials
- curriculum or other instructional materials
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We Support:
- selected projects of 501(c)(3) or of other non-profit organizations and of certain agencies such as libraries and schools;
- selected projects that involve a variety of community organizations
- We Are Unable to Support:
- for-profit organizations
- regular operating expenses (e.g. overhead, ongoing or administrative salaries, or other indirect costs)
- projects that include legislative lobbying or support candidates for office
- commercial ventures or feasibility studies that might lead to commercial products or programs
- fund drives
- projects that could harm the environment
- memberships in organizations
- projects that have no start/end dates
- projects that repeat established and/or verified studies
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MF: Community Conservation Education Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.