MF: Community Conservation Education Grants
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Deadline: Apr 13, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University Museum/Library/Zoo
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Canada, Counties in Washington: Clallam County, Island County, Jefferson County, King County, Kitsap County, Mason County, Pierce County, San Juan County, Skagit County, Snohomish County, Thurston County, Whatcom County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Mountaineers Foundation has shifted the focus area of our Community Grants program to align with our new mission focus.
The Mountaineers Foundation promotes actions and fosters understanding to inspire conservation within the Salish Sea region. We are interested in projects and active programs that preserve and protect environments and living organisms that influence and support the Salish Sea region.
The Salish Sea is the intricate network of coastal waterways that includes the southwestern portion of the Canadian province of British Columbia and the northwestern portion of the U.S. state of Washington. Its major bodies of water are the Strait of Georgia, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and Puget Sound.
Our funding criteria for these conservation education grants are based on our by-laws, articles of incorporation, status as an IRS-designated 501(c)(3) organization, and the wishes of Paul Wiseman, founding member of the Mountaineers Foundation.
Level 1: Community Conservation Education Grants
Grants are limited to no more than $5000 and are meant to support modest, short-term projects related to conservation education and consistent with our vision and mission.
Projects may include:
- Direct educational programs and materials related to environmental conservation
- Lectures, conferences, seminars
- Written or audiovisual awareness materials
- Curriculum or other instructional materials
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We Support:
- Selected projects of 501(c)(3) or of other non-profit organizations and of certain agencies such as libraries and schools
- Selected projects that involve a variety of community organizations
- We Are Unable to Support:
- For-profit organizations
- Regular operating expenses (e.g. overhead, ongoing or administrative salaries)
- Projects that include legislative lobbying or support candidates for office
- Commercial ventures or feasibility studies that might lead to commercial products or programs
- Fund drives
- Projects that could harm the environment
- Memberships in organizations
- Projects that have no start/end dates
- Projects that repeat established and/or verified studies
- Please note: If your project is canceled for any reason, including lack of funds, our grant may not be used for general operating expenses and must be returned to the Foundation.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MF: Community Conservation Education Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.