MT Conservation Education Mini-Grants
Montana Department of Natural Resources & Conservation
Grant amount: US $500
Next deadline: Oct 25, 2018 4:00pm PDT
Later deadlines: Jan 17, 2019 4:00pm PST, Apr 25, 2019 4:00pm PDT, Jul 26, 2019 4:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Montana
Location of residency: MontanaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
DNRC administers a wide range of grants and loans for Montana, assisting cities and towns, conservation districts, private landowners, and other groups in managing natural resource issues at the local level.
Student and Adult Education projects that focus on water, weeds, or other natural resources.
The purpose of the mini-education grant program is to assist conservation districts with educational projects that focus on conservation and natural resources. Activities for youth and adults are eligible. Up to $500 is available. The minimum application request must be $100.
Examples of Eligible Projects
The following list is an example of fundable projects:
- Aquatic Micro- and Macro - Flora and Fauna
- Community Gardens
- Conservation Days
- Outdoor Classrooms/Field Trips
- Riparian and Rangeland Ecology
- Workshops (e.g. adults and youth)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Schools and other organizations can apply, but their applications must be approved and sponsored by the conservation district (CD).
- The following are examples of eligible expenses:
- Administrator Salary to Organize Events—must demonstrate a financial need
- Advertising Fees to Promote Event
- Resource Materials (educational kits/ booklets, notebooks, field testing equipment)
- Scholarship Stipends to Appropriate Camps
- Speaker Costs
- Transportation Costs for Field Trips
- Ineligible Expenses: Grant funds cannot pay for the following expenses:
- Equipment for Schools (cameras, computers, microscopes, I-Pads)
- Garbage Bags
- Gloves, Shovels, Rakes
- Administrative costs to prepare the mini-education grant application
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MT Conservation Education Mini-Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.