MT Water Quality Mini Grants
Soil & Water Conservation Districts of MontanaSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $3,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 15, 2019 4:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Montana
Location of residency: MontanaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
SWCDM is pleased to offer mini-grants up to $3,000 to help fund local education and outreach efforts that address nonpoint source water quality issues. Funding for these mini-grants is made available through the Montana Department of Environmental Quality’s federally funded 319 program. Mini-grants are available on a biannual basis (spring and fall) and funded projects need to occur within a year of being awarded.
The goal of the mini-grant program is to provide a mechanism to improve nonpoint source-related water quality through education and outreach activities at the local level. The priority of this program is to promote new activities and partnerships, not to sustain current activities.
All awarded projects shall be reimbursed the awarded amount upon completion of the project and submission of a final report and invoice.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants include conservation districts, watershed groups, local and county agencies, school districts, etc. that are capable of managing federal funding.
- Proof of current liability insurance is a requirement and needs to be submitted with all applications.
- Applicants must provide a minimum of 40% in nonfederal, local in-kind or cash match.
- Priority may be given to projects that implement a DEQ-accepted WRP.
- Priority will be given to:
- New or pilot projects, before repeated projects
- New entities to the mini-grant program
- Innovative ideas
- Projects implementing a DEQ-accepted WRP
- The following activities will not be considered for mini-grant funding:
- Monitoring without an education and outreach component
- Administrative costs in excess of 10%
- Normal website maintenance
- Baseline data collection
- Projects already being covered by Section 319 funding
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MT Water Quality Mini Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.