MUFG Union Bank Foundation Grants
MUFG Union Bank FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $10,000
Deadline: Oct 31, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: California, Georgia (US state), Illinois, New York, Oregon, Texas, Washington Show all
Location of residency: California, Georgia (US state), Illinois, New York, Oregon, Texas, Washington Show allView website Save
About this funder:
- The MUFG Union Bank Foundation is committed to providing more flexible funding to help grantee partners who continue to serve our communities in this unprecedented time of need due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Foundation and Corporate Sponsorship requests are accepted throughout the year until the deadline above. If a request is received after this date, it may not be considered. Applications for event sponsorships should be submitted at least 90 days in advance of the event date.
The MUFG Union Bank Foundation, a nonprofit public benefit corporation, serves as an agent for charitable contributions made by MUFG Union Bank, N.A. Throughout its history, the Foundation has supported the bank's commitment to help meet the needs of the communities it serves.
A sustainable and aspiring society with equitable access to opportunity.
Make philanthropic investments that expand access to economic opportunity in low- and moderate-income communities specifically in the areas of affordable housing, community economic development, education, human services and the environment.
We believe that the MUFG Union Bank Foundation can achieve the greatest impact on the health of communities by targeting the following strategic funding categories:
- Affordable Housing: Improve housing stability and influence public policy
- Housing development and rehabilitation
- Emergency/transitional/permanent housing
- Public Policy
- Economic Development: Catalyze economic growth and prosperity
- Small business support and innovation
- Job training and career development
- Financial Education
- Money management/credit counseling
- Homeownership counseling
- Stewardship and Sustainability: Support environmental and social well-being
- Youth Development
- Arts education
- Environmental education
- Tutoring/homework help
- Basic needs (Food security)
- Land preservation and resource conservation
- Clean water
- Clean energy
The MUFG Union Bank Foundation focuses on philanthropic investments predominately devoted to low-to-moderate-income communities in three primary strategic areas:
- Affordable Housing
- Economic Development
- Stewardship and Sustainability
In addition, the Foundation supports many local community programs. We drive for results that ultimately propel our communities to a better financial future.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organization with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- Organizations seeking funding may apply for either general operating or programmatic support.
- Excluded from support:
- Churches and religious groups (except separately incorporated community development corporations)
- Veterans’, military, fraternal, and professional organizations
- Political organizations, campaigns, or candidates
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation
- Service club activities
- Other intermediary foundations (i.e., foundations that use grant proceeds to make grants to other charities)
- Fundraising activities such as charitable dinners, benefits, sporting events, and capital campaigns
- Purchase of tickets and memberships
- Individual elementary- and secondary-level schools
- Grants for deficit reduction
- Organizations that discriminate in any way with regard to national equal opportunity policies