MUFG Union Bank Foundation Grants
MUFG Union Bank Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 31, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: California, Georgia (US state), Illinois, New York, Oregon, Texas, Washington Expand all
Location of residency: California, Georgia (US state), Illinois, New York, Oregon, Texas, Washington Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: Foundation and Corporate Sponsorship requests are accepted throughout the year until the deadline above. If a request is received after this date, it may not be considered. Applications for event sponsorships should be submitted at least 90 days in advance of the event date.
The MUFG Union Bank Foundation, a nonprofit public benefit corporation, serves as an agent for charitable contributions made by MUFG Union Bank, N.A. Throughout its history, the Foundation has supported the bank's commitment to help meet the needs of the communities it serves.
A sustainable and aspiring society with equitable access to opportunity.
Make philanthropic investments that expand access to economic opportunity in low- and moderate-income communities specifically in the areas of affordable housing, community economic development, education, human services and the environment.
We believe that the MUFG Union Bank Foundation can achieve the greatest impact on the health of communities by targeting the following strategic funding categories:
- Expanding Housing Opportunities
- Housing Development and Rehabilitation
- Emergency/Transitional/Permanent Housing
- Public Policy
- Catalyze Economic Growth
- Small Business Support and Innovation
- Job Training and Career Development
- Financial Education
- Sustain Human and Environmental Resources
- Youth Development
- Basic Needs
- Land Preservation and Resource Conservation
- Clean Water
- Clean Energy
The Foundation focuses philanthropic investments on expanding housing opportunities, catalyzing economic growth and sustaining human and environmental resources. These focused investments enable the us to fulfill our mission of expanding access to economic opportunity.
While a lower priority, MUFG and Union Bank will consider requests from organizations strengthening communities through health, arts and culture, and emergency services.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organization with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- Organizations seeking funding may apply for either general operating or programmatic support.
- Excluded from support:
- Churches and religious groups (except separately incorporated community development corporations)
- Veterans’, military, fraternal, and professional organizations
- Political organizations, campaigns, or candidates
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation
- Service club activities
- Other intermediary foundations (i.e., foundations that use grant proceeds to make grants to other charities)
- Fundraising activities such as charitable dinners, benefits, sporting events, and capital campaigns
- Purchase of tickets and memberships
- Individual elementary- and secondary-level schools
- Grants for deficit reduction
- Organizations that discriminate in any way with regard to national equal opportunity policies
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MUFG Union Bank Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.