MWDSC: Innovative Conservation Program Funding
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern CaliforniaSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 22, 2020 1:00pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 22, 2022 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Project / Program, Research
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in California: Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, San Diego County, Ventura County Other eligible locations: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California has implemented the Innovative Conservation Program (ICP) since 2001, allocating $250,000 biannually for sponsoring pilot and demonstration projects of innovative water savings devices, technologies, and strategies. Since 2013, Metropolitan has partnered with other funding agencies to increase the total award funding available. The 2018 ICP is cosponsored by U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, Western Resource Advocates, Southern Nevada Water Authority, Central Arizona Project, and the Southern California Gas Company. Subject to availability, a total of $550,000 will be awarded competitively through the ICP.
Purpose and Objective
The primary purpose of the ICP is to provide funding to promote pilots and demonstration projects that evaluate the water savings potential and reliability of innovative water savings devices, technologies, and strategies. Since the establishment of the Innovative Conservation Program in 2001, Metropolitan and its funding partners have received almost 400 proposals requesting $36 million of funding from seven solicitations. Although Metropolitan is located in Southern California (Figure 1), ICP solicitations welcome proposals from outside Metropolitan’s service area as long as the results of the demonstrations could be applicable to the region.
The objectives of the Innovative Conservation Program include:
- Supporting the demonstration of innovative water saving devices;
- Establishing a real-world water use baseline;
- Increasing public knowledge of water savings and reliability;
- Encouraging the use of innovative water management and conservation technologies by the general public; and
- Continuing and increasing collaboration with Reclamation to advance water use efficiency in Southern California
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The ICP seeks to enable broad participation from government agencies, academic institutions, businesses, non-profit organizations, and entrepreneurs in seeking innovative solutions for water use efficiency.
- The project proponent does not have to be based within Metropolitan’s service area, as long as the project is of relevance to the water issues of the West.
- Eligible projects are those that seek to evaluate the water savings potential and reliability of innovative water saving devices, technologies, and strategies
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MWDSC: Innovative Conservation Program Funding by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.