NALMS Achievement Awards: Secchi Disk Award
North American Lake Management Society (NALMS)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Aug 15, 2018
Applicant type: For-Profit Business Unaffiliated Researcher Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: North America
Location of residency: North AmericaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Secchi Disk Award is given annually to recognize and honor the NALMS member who has made the most significant contributions to the goals and objectives of the society.
As part of the NALMS Achievement Awards, this award is for the individual member considered to have contributed the most to the achievement of NALMS's goals.
The specific goals of NALMS, as spelled out in the Constitution and Bylaws, are to:
- Facilitate the exchange of information on the technical and administrative aspects of managing lakes and their watersheds.
- Promote public awareness of lake ecosystems.
- Encourage public support for national, state or provincial, and local programs promoting management of lakes and their watersheds.
- Provide guidance to public and private agencies involved in or planning management activities for lakes and their watersheds.
- Improve the professional status of all persons engaged in any aspect of managing lakes and their watersheds.
- Identify needs and encourage research on lake ecology and watershed management.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Any individual of organization may make nominations for these awards.
- The award recipient must be a NALMS member.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Current NALMS board members, and members of the NALMS Awards Committee are not eligible for nomination.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NALMS Achievement Awards: Secchi Disk Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.