Nan-Yao Su Award for Innovation and Creativity in Entomology
Entomological Society of America (ESA)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Jun 1, 2018
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Each year the Entomological Society of America, Certification Corporation, and the Entomological Foundation provide annual honors and awards to recognize scientists, educators, and students, who have distinguished themselves through their contributions to entomology.
This award was created from a $250,000 endowment from Dr. Nan-Yao Su. This award recognizes creative entomologist who have demonstrated the ability to find alternative solutions to problems that significantly impact entomology. The annual amount of this award will be based on interest from the endowment (may vary from year to year), and a plaque will be presented at the ESA Annual Meeting.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- There is a maximum of two self-nominations allowed per year.
- Nominations can be made by anyone.
- The nominee must be able to demonstrate through his/her projects or accomplishments an ability to identify problems and develop creative, alternative solutions that significantly impact entomology.
- The nominee may belong to any area of entomology, but must be a practicing entomologist.
- Professionals working within public- or private-sector organizations are eligible.
- Any candidate nominated, but not selected, may be renominated no more than two times within the two-year period after his/her initial submission.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. The nominee must be a current ESA member.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Nan-Yao Su Award for Innovation and Creativity in Entomology by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.