NBI Small Research Grants Program
Nantucket Biodiversity InitiativeSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,500
Deadline: Mar 1, 2020 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Research Scientist Unaffiliated Researcher Postdoctoral Researcher Graduate Student Faculty Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Nantucket County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Nantucket Biodiversity Initiative (NBI) provides funding for research projects that expand knowledge of understudied taxonomic groups and the overall biodiversity of Nantucket, Tuckernuck, Muskeget and surrounding waters.
NBI is a partnership between conservation organizations, educational institutions, government agencies and individuals interested in supporting and facilitating biodiversity focused research. Our mission is to conserve the native biodiversity of Nantucket through collaborative research, monitoring, and education. The NBI Small Research Grants Program seeks to support research in all aspects of biodiversity related to ecosystems and species on Nantucket, Tuckernuck and/or Muskeget and surrounding waters.
Highest priority will be given to:
- Projects that forward the mission of NBI;
- projects that include Nantucket, Tuckernuck and/or Muskeget as a study site for regional, national or global biodiversity-related research;
- research or inventory work on understudied taxonomic groups;
- research on more than one species of interest;
- novel and interesting research not previously conducted on Nantucket
Grant requests of up to $1,500 will be considered for funding. Reasonable travel costs will be considered. In-kind logistical support such as housing on Nantucket, transportation to field sites, lab space, field equipment, etc. may be provided by participating NBI organizations when possible. Housing availability must be requested and confirmed prior to grant proposal submission. Requests for other in-kind support should be clearly specified in the grant proposal.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Prior grant recipients are welcome to submit funding requests (contingent upon their timely submission of reports and products promised in earlier awards), but priority will be given to funding new projects.
- NBI policy does not permit use of grant funds for the payment of indirect expenses, per diem expense allowances, food costs, overhead, etc. However, these expenses can be included as in-kind services. See Budget
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NBI Small Research Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.