NBI Small Research Grants Program
Nantucket Biodiversity InitiativeSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,500
Anticipated deadline: Mar 15, 2020
Applicant type: Research Scientist Unaffiliated Researcher Postdoctoral Researcher Graduate Student Faculty Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Nantucket County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Nantucket Biodiversity Initiative (NBI) invites proposals for research projects that expand knowledge of understudied taxonomic groups and the overall biodiversity of Nantucket, Tuckernuck, and/or Muskeget Islands and the surrounding waters.
The mission of the NBI is to conserve the native biodiversity of Nantucket through collaborative research, monitoring, and education. This effort is a partnership between conservation organizations, educational institutions, government agencies and individuals interested in supporting and facilitating biodiversity research on the islands and the surrounding waters.
The NBI Small Research Grants Program encourages research into all aspects of biodiversity related to ecosystems and species on Nantucket, Tuckernuck and/or Muskeget. Highest priority will be given to:
- projects that include Nantucket, Tuckernuck and/or Muskeget as a study site for regional, national or global biodiversity-related research;
- research on non-native, invasive species and their impacts on biodiversity;
- research or inventory work on understudied taxonomic groups;
- research on more than one species of interest;
- study sites located within the NBI’s established biodiversity plots.
Grant requests of up to $1,500 will be considered for funding. Reasonable travel costs will be considered. In-kind logistical support such as housing on Nantucket, transportation to field sites, lab space, field equipment, etc. may be provided by participating NBI organizations when possible. Housing availability must be requested and confirmed prior to grant proposal submission. Requests for other in-kind support should be clearly specified in the grant proposal.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Prior grant recipients are welcome to submit funding requests (contingent upon their timely submission of reports and products promised in earlier awards), but priority will be given to funding new projects.
- The NBI does not fund institutional overhead, per diem allowances or researcher salaries.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NBI Small Research Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.