Narragansett Foundation Grant
Narragansett Number One Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Apr 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Counties in Maine: Cumberland County, York County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
As stated in its Articles of Incorporation and By-laws, the Foundation was organized and will be operated exclusively to further "religious, charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes," to "foster national or international amateur sports competition" and "for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals."
The Foundation Provides Funds For:
- Start-up expenses,
- New or special projects,
- General operating support.
Grantmaking Priority Areas
Although the Foundation accepts grant applications from any qualified organization, it is expected that over the next three to five years, the Foundation will make the majority of grants to public charities in the Town of Buxton, Maine and the surrounding areas including schools, fire departments, police departments, libraries, parks, recreational facilities, churches, religious groups, shelters for children, the homeless and abused persons, museums and shelters for animals. Once the immediate needs of this geographic area in southern Maine are addressed, it is likely that future grants will be made to charities throughout Maine and in other states.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who may apply:
- Nonprofit organizations that have received a determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service recognizing tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Any state, possession of the United States, or political subdivision (a public school, town, city or government agency) if the proposed grant is to be used exclusively for public purposes.
- Organizations that fail to comply with post-grant reporting, audit, or inspection requirements of the Foundation will not be considered for future grants.
- The Foundation Does Not Provide Funds For:
- Campaigns to elect candidates to public office
- Lobbying or propaganda campaigns
- Programs or projects that discriminate
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Narragansett Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.