National Aquarium Limited Grant
The National Marine Aquarium
Grant amount: £1,200 - £5,000
Next deadline: Nov 1, 2018
Later deadlines: May 1, 2019
Applicant type: Organizations Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
National Aquarium Limited is the Grant-Giving Arm of the National Marine Aquarium. The Charity supports research, education and conservation projects linking people with the marine environment.The National Marine Aquarium is the UK’s largest public Aquarium with a strong marine conservation ethos. The Aquarium operates a wide range of programmes of education, conservation and research as part of its charitable objects. Running through all of its activity, the Aquarium considers the marine environment at four geographical scales:
- Local Scale (Plymouth Sound)
- National Scale (UK Seas)
- Oceanic Scale (Atlantic)
- Global Scale
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All projects should fit with the stated aims of the charity, driving Marine Conservation through Engagement.
- NAL can only support projects which follow best practice environmental and animal welfare requirements.
- Applications will be accepted from all sectors of society, there are no restrictions upon age range of groups carrying out the projects.
- Applications will be accepted from other charities, other organizations, schools, colleges and individuals.
- There is no geographical restriction on where projects might be located, or where applications might come from. Consideration will be given to projects operating at every scale but priority will be given to local and national initiatives.
- Projects should be discrete with a commencement and finish date (although they may form an individual module of a larger scheme).
- Funding for courses, expeditions, etc will only be awarded where the aims of the charity are fulfilled.
- To allow for administration requirements, projects should expect to start no sooner than two months after the Trustee Board meetings.
- Projects which target disadvantaged groups will be encouraged.
- We would encourage applicants to use our grants in conjunction with other sources of finance, although where additional funding is necessary for the project to proceed, funding will be made available upon proof of match funding being in place.
- Projects which demonstrate a novel approach are more likely to attract support.
- The object of project support is to encourage worthwhile projects that can be shared with others, as such there is an expectation that dissemination of results will occur.
- National Aquarium Limited is unlikely to fund projects where the majority of costs are for travel.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the National Aquarium Limited Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.