NASW Peggy Grisham Idea Grants
National Association of Science WritersSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 22, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals Organizations
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Since its inception in 2010, more than $450,000 has been awarded by NASW's Peggy Girshman Idea Grants program for projects that benefit science writing and its practitioners. Read more to see a list of all the awardees and their exciting science writing projects.
The total funding available this year is $25,000. NASW invites proposals from individuals or groups for grants ranging from $1,000 to $25,000 to support projects and programs designed to help science writers in their professional lives and/or benefit the field of science writing. We encourage creative thinking, thus the guidelines for these proposals are consciously broad.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Projects must be in keeping with the mission of NASW and should be accessible to all science writers.
- Applicants need not be NASW members, and we encourage proposals from all career areas, including journalism, science communication, institutional writing, and freelancing.
- Applicants located outside of the United States may apply, but all proposals must demonstrate a clear benefit to U.S.-based science writers.
- Priority is given to applications that will have the widest impact and those that carefully consider how funded work will be sustained beyond the award period.
- Project funds should not be for individual works, such as underwriting a single investigative piece or book, but could, for instance, underwrite a study of the state of science writing in the United States, or a handbook for science writers.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NASW Peggy Grisham Idea Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.