NASW Idea Grants
National Association of Science Writers
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $50,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 15, 2018
Applicant type: Individuals Organizations
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Since its inception in 2010, more than $400,000 has been awarded in the Idea Grants program
The National Association of Science Writers invites proposals from individuals or groups to apply for grants ranging from $1,000 to $50,000 for projects and programs that are designed to help science writers in their professional lives and/or to benefit the field of science writing. Proposals can serve non-members as well as members. We encourage creative thinking, thus the guidelines for these proposals are consciously broad.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The project must be in keeping with the mission of NASW.
- The project, if applicable, should be accessible to all science writers and open to members and non-members.
- The project should not be for individual works, e.g. underwriting a single investigative piece or book, but it could, for instance, underwrite a study of the state of science writing in the U.S. or beyond.
- Awards are intended to fund only direct project costs.
- Idea Grants may not be used to fund costs already incurred.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NASW Idea Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.