National Grid Foundation Grant
National Grid FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $20,000
Deadline: Oct 31, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Counties in New York: Albany County, Allegany County, Cattaraugus County, Cayuga County, Chautauqua County, Chenango County, Clinton County, Columbia County, Cortland County, Erie County, Essex County, Franklin County, Fulton County, Genesee County, Hamilton County, Herkimer County, Jefferson County, Kings County, Lewis County, Livingston County, Madison County, Monroe County, Montgomery County, Nassau County, Niagara County, Oneida County, Onondaga County, Ontario County, Orleans County, Oswego County, Otsego County, Queens County, Rensselaer County, Richmond County, Saratoga County, Schenectady County, Schoharie County, St. Lawrence County, Suffolk County, Warren County, Washington County, Wyoming County Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: Proposals for a given year will be accepted and reviewed through October 31. Only one application per organization (or affiliate institution) will be evaluated in any given year. Proposals will generally be reviewed on a quarterly basis after which all applicants will be notified in writing if a grant has been awarded or declined.
The National Grid Foundation is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life, economic strength and environmental stewardship in National Grid’s service territory. The Foundation’s mission is to create opportunities for solutions to today’s educational and environmental challenges. By awarding grants to non-profit organizations, the Foundation inspires and serves as a catalyst to a shared future, ultimately impacting and improving lives of the underserved in our neighborhoods. Since its inception in December 1998, the Foundation has provided more than $25 million in grants to hundreds of organizations.
Areas of Focus
Through research, surveys and interviews with members of our community, we discovered that education and the environment are major areas of concern for today and the future. The National Grid Foundation supports these important issues wholeheartedly
We strive to improve the quality of life within our grant-making area by supporting educational opportunities that assist people of all ages and give them opportunities for self sufficiency.
Our educational priorities include:
- Classroom-based education for K-12 students
- Innovative scholarship and university partnerships that support and advance underserved members of our community
- Skills training for people of all ages to lead more productive lives
The National Grid Foundation also is committed to the environment. We provide grants to organizations that share our passion for environmental stewardship.
Our environmental priorities include:
- Projects that support the sustainability of our natural resources
- Programs and projects that inspire and educate young people about their connection to and responsibility for the preservation of the environment
- Projects that seek to preserve open spaces for future generations
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- National Grid Foundation does not provide grants for operating or capital expenses, nor provides for fundraising events.
- Outside Mission Alignment
- Capital campaigns, including purchasing vehicles
- Direct scholarships
- Conferences and seminars (cost of event location, tables, and guest speakers)
- General operating expenses, including transportation costs
- Endowment campaigns
- Individual grants
- Support for religious, political, fraternal, social or other membership organizations
- In-coming applications from organizations that have received a grant within the last 12 months; only one application per organization will be evaluated each
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the National Grid Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.