Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area - Heritage Development Grants
New York State Hudson River Valley GreenwaySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Next anticipated deadline: May 10, 2020 2:00pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 6, 2020
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New York: Albany County, Columbia County, Rensselaer County, Rockland County, Saratoga County, Westchester County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Albany County, Columbia County, Rensselaer County, Rockland County, Saratoga County, Westchester County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area (HRVNHA) was established by Congress in 1996 and is funded, in part, through the National Park Service -Department of the Interior. The mission of the Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area program is to recognize, preserve, protect and interpret the nationally significant cultural and natural resources of the Hudson River Valley for the benefit of the Nation.
The HRVNHA established this grant program to provide seed money to organizations for the purposes of programming, interpretation and marketing that support the mutual goals of the HRVNHA and applicants. A total of $55,000 is available through this grant program. Projects should resonate with the following interpretive themes outlined in the HRVNHA Management Plan:
- Freedom and Dignity (Revolutionary War, Underground Railroad and abolitionists, Roosevelt Legacy, Native American Heritage);
- Nature and Culture (Hudson River Painters, Landscapes of Extraordinary Scenic Character, Exceptional Landscape Design and Architectural Distinction, Environmental Legacy); and
- Corridor of Commerce (Community, Agriculture, and Settled Landscapes; Labor Movements; Technical and Industrial Innovations).
These grants are intended to provide seed money to organizations for the purposes of: programming, interpretation and marketing that support the mutual goals of the HRVNHA and applicants.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who May Apply
- Municipalities and not-for-profit corporations located within the geographic area of the HRVNHA, as defined by Public Law 104-333 may apply.
- “Friends groups” of federal and state sites are encouraged to apply.
- Geographic Area of the HRVNHA:
- Includes the counties of Albany, Rensselaer, Columbia, Greene, Ulster, Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, and the Village of Waterford in Saratoga County.
- A local public authority or public benefit corporation, a county, city, town, village, school district, supervisory district, district corporation, improvement district within a county, city, town or village, or American Indian nation or tribe recognized by the state or the United States with a reservation wholly or partly within the boundaries of New York State, or any combination thereof.
- Not-for-profit Corporation:
- A corporation formed pursuant to the not-for-profit corporation law and qualified for tax-exempt status under the federal internal revenue code.
- A 1 to 1 local match is required, and may be provided in the form of in-kind and/or monetary contributions.
- Highest priority will be given to projects or programs that feature a designated Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area Heritage Site.
- Ineligible Projects and Expenditures
- Transportation and admission expenses related to school field trips (see Teaching the Hudson Valley’s Explore Awards);
- Acquisition of property or facilities including buildings and sites;
- Payment for previous activities;
- Reduction of existing debt;
- Political or religious activities;
- Support for existing staff unrelated to the proposed project;
- Additions to reserve funds or endowments of an organization;
- Projects or programs that will re-grant the funds received;
- Marketing specifically related to advertising “for profit” businesses.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area - Heritage Development Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.