NWRA Research Grants
National Wildlife Rehabilitators Association
Grant amount: Up to US $6,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 1, 2019 (Pre proposal)
Applicant type: Individuals Organizations
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: North America
Location of residency: North AmericaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The National Wildlife Rehabilitators Association has research grants available in the field of wildlife rehabilitation, including wildlife medicine and wildlife education.
Goals of the NWRA Grant Program:
- Improve Animal Care
- Identify new, and refine current, wildlife rehabilitation techniques (e.g., medical, nutritional, or caging techniques)
- Develop and validate new wildlife treatments and diagnostics
- Assess Wildlife Health
- Investigate medical conditions that affect native wildlife
- Compile biomedical health parameters of native wildlife species
- Assess the impacts of medical treatments on wildlife
- Develop New Technology for Wildlife Care in Captivity
- Assess applicability of radio telemetry and other techniques to monitor survival of wildlife after release
- Develop hardware to improve wildlife rehabilitation
- Develop New or Evaluate Current Techniques Used in Wildlife Education
- Investigate the efficacy of current educational program techniques
- Develop and evaluate new educational programs
- Develop and evaluate new techniques for training or using educational animals
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Research done on species not found in North American must be applicable to those species or ecosystems that do occur in North America.
- Similarly, any new drugs or techniques evaluated must be accessible in North America.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NWRA Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.