Native American Advised Fund
Santa Fe Community Foundation
Predicted deadline: Aug 31, 2024
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $15,000
Fields of work: Native American Services Native American Culture & Heritage
Applicant type: Government Entity, Indigenous Group, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in New Mexico: Mora County, Rio Arriba County, San Miguel County, Santa Fe County
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in New Mexico: Mora County, Rio Arriba County, San Miguel County, Santa Fe County Other eligible locations: New Mexico
Native American Advised Fund
The purpose of the Native American Advised Fund is to enhance Native lifeways now and for future generations in New Mexico by promoting a spirit of sharing and supporting community initiatives. The Fund supports efforts that emphasize the commitment to Native core values: community, language, culture, and environment. Since 1993, the Native American Advised Fund has granted over $800,000 to 50 different tribes, schools, and organizations. The Fund will operate in perpetuity, benefiting this and future generations. Only the income from the fund is used to make grants.
You may request $5,000, $10,000 or $15,000, depending on your annual operating budget size, as follows:
- Organizations/projects with an annual budget under $150,000 may apply for a $5,000 grant;
- Organizations/projects with an annual budget between $150,000 and $500,000 may apply for a $10,000 grant;
- Organizations/projects with an annual budget over $500,000, may apply for a $15,000 grant.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations based throughout New Mexico are eligible for funding.
- Grant applications will be accepted from organizations that:
- Are located in or serve the people of Santa Fe, Rio Arriba, San Miguel or Mora counties;
- Are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or are a public or governmental agency or a federally recognized tribe in the state of New Mexico, or that have a fiscal sponsor;
- Employ staff and provide services without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation; and
- Are at least three years old.
- If your organization received a community grant from us in 2022, we ask that you sit out for a year.
- If your organization received a donor-advised grant from us in 2022 (but not a community grant), you are still eligible to apply for a competitive grant in 2023.
- If your organization received a community grant from us in 2022, or if you are not interested in applying for a grant, you may submit an abbreviated application to be included in the 2023-2024
- We do not make grants for the following:
- Religious purposes
- Capital campaigns or endowments
- Private school tuition assistance
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”