Native American Language Preservation and Maintenance
US Dept. of Health & Human Services: Administration for Children & FamiliesSuggest an update
Deadline: Jul 1, 2021 2:00pm PDT
Grant amount: US $100,000 - US $300,000
Fields of work: Native American Culture & Heritage
Applicant type: Government Entity, Indigenous Group, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: United States, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands
Location of residency: United States, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana IslandsView website Save
The Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Administration for Native Americans (ANA) announces the availability of fiscal year (FY) funds for the Native American Language Preservation and Maintenance (P&M) program. The P&M program provides funding for projects designed to ensure continuing vitality of Native American languages. This program allows for a broad-array of native-language related projects including establishing a language program, improvements to an existing program, and the development of language immersion instruction and activities. ANA supports locally determined projects that achieve community goals through specific, measurable outcomes.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized).
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education.
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education.
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments).
- Non-profit organizations representing American Indians, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and other Native American Pacific Islanders, including American Samoa, Guam, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands are eligible applicants under this announcement.
- Faith-based and community organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement.
- Applications from individuals (including sole proprietorships) and foreign entities are not eligible and will be disqualified from competitive review and from funding under this announcement.