Student Collections Study Grant
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles CountySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $1,000
Deadline: Oct 1, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: California
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation as well as current and potential future travel restrictions, the April 1 cycle of the NHM R&C Student Collections Study Award is cancelled. As of now, we will resume soliciting applications for the October 1, 2020 award cycle.
Prospective applicants should contact the relevant curator and collections manager of the collections they wish to visit before assembling proposal materials.
The NHM Collections Study Awards were instituted to provide funding for undergraduate and graduate students to visit and study the collections of the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, the La Brea Tar Pits & Museum, and the William S. Hart Ranch and Museum (The Natural History Family of Museums). Collections visits must be arranged through the appropriate department's collections manager.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The NHM Student Collections Study Award is open to all undergraduate and graduate students that are currently enrolled in an accredited degree-granting program.
- International undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply, but should contact museum curators if assistance is required to obtain a letter of invitation that could be used in a visa application.
- Preference will be given to proposals that:
- demonstrate a critical role of NHM collections in the proposed research; and
- enhance the NHM collections (through identification, curation, digitization, databasing, generation of new data, etc.
- Researchers that are within daily commuting distance of the Natural History Family of Museums are not eligible for this award.
- Researchers that have had proposals not funded are encouraged to resubmit, but an individual cannot receive more than one award within a three-year timeframe.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Student Collections Study Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.