Natural History Research Experiences (NHRE)
Smithsonian Institution (SI)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $6,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 23, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Must travel to: District of ColumbiaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Natural History Research Experiences (NHRE) is a 10-week summer internship program hosted at the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution in Washington D.C. NHRE interns work closely with scientific mentors to complete independent research projects in Earth science, Biology, and Anthropology.
The National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, hosts a world-class research staff and unparalleled scientific research collections. NHRE summer internships pair undergraduates with museum scientists to complete a research project in Anthropology, Botany, Entomology, Invertebrate Zoology, Mineral Science, Paleobiology, or Vertebrate Zoology. Although the majority of time during the internship is spent working on the research project, there are additional events including lectures, tours of museum collections, and other activities related to natural history research.
The National Museum of Natural History (NMNH) is located on the National Mall in the heart of Washington DC. The program runs for 10 weeks starting the day after Memorial Day. Participating students will receive a stipend of $6,000 and be provided with housing in a dormitory at George Washington University. A relocation allowance may also be available.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Previous research experience is not required, and we encourage applications from minorities and members of other groups underrepresented in the sciences.
- In a typical year about half of the interns will come from colleges that cater primarily to undergraduates and approximately 40 percent will identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in the sciences (e.g. Latino, African American, Native American, Disabled).
- Most interns will be rising sophomores, juniors, or seniors.
- The personal narrative of each applicant is considered.
- Students must have completed at least one semester (or the equivalent) of college when you apply.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Natural History Research Experiences (NHRE) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.