NC Sea Grant Core Funding
North Carolina Sea Grant
Grant amount: Up to US $120,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 17, 2019 2:00pm PST (Pre proposal)
Applicant type: Faculty Research Scientist
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: North Carolina
Location of residency: North CarolinaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
North Carolina Sea Grant’s core research projects include diverse coastal topics that typically are funded by a combination of both federal and state dollars with an emphasis on applied research initiatives. Core funding operates on a two-year cycle.
Researchers must show how their one- or two-year studies meet the identified needs of North Carolina and how that work will ultimately benefit our coast, often having an impact on a regional, national or international level. These projects require matching funds identified by the researcher and his or her home university.
NCSG supports a multidisciplinary, integrated program of applied research, outreach and education that addresses coastal and marine issues important to the state of North Carolina. NCSG strives to fund applied research within four focus areas:
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- PIs must be affiliated with an academic or research laboratory institution of higher education in North Carolina.
- Co-PIs and project collaborators can have any affiliation and can be based either within or outside North Carolina.
- Proposed work must clearly align with one or more of the focus areas, be based within North Carolina, and target issues important to North Carolina’s coastal region.
- Matching dollars are required for this program at a 2:1 rate ($2 federal to $1 state).
- Inventory and monitoring only projects are not appropriate for this funding.
- Postdoctoral researchers and federal employees are not eligible to apply as PIs, but can be project participants.
- Applicants with poor prior performance in completing progress and final reports on previous NCSG-funded projects may be deemed ineligible even if their current submission receives favorable reviews.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NC Sea Grant Core Funding by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.