NCR-SARE: Partnership Grant Program
North Central Region SARE
Grant amount: Up to US $30,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 26, 2018 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin Expand all
Location of residency: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Partnership Grant program is intended to foster cooperation between agriculture professionals and small groups of farmers and ranchers to catalyze on-farm research, demonstration, and education activities related to sustainable agriculture.
Examples of appropriate projects include:
- Developing a curriculum about food storage for farmers and processors,
- On-farm testing of cropping system strategies or grazing systems,
- Cooperative efforts to develop new marketing approaches, or
- Investigations into new approaches to processing and/or adding value to sustainably produced farm products
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Any agriculture/natural resource professional in the North Central region may apply. These professionals are:
- university educators including extension agents and specialists
- NRCS field staff
- agricultural consultants (individuals who actively consult with farmers and ranchers as certified crop advisors, soils consultants, ranching consultants, etc.)
- nonprofit or agency staff assisting farmers and ranchers at the local level
- Partnership Grants are for on-farm research, demonstration and/or educational projects
and are funded for up to 24 months.
- In addition to the Agricultural Professional (project lead), three or more farmers or ranchers are expected to be substantially involved in development and implementation of the project.
- Each farm/ranch must be an independent and separate/distinct operation.
- Partnership Grant funds may NOT be used for the following purposes:
- Starting or expanding a farm or farm operation.
- Any single piece of equipment costing more than $5,000.
- This limit cannot be used toward the purchase of a piece of equipment or the modification of equipment costing more than $5,000 or to purchase or purchase parts for tractors, irrigation systems, etc.
- Capital expenses for things like land purchases, general farm improvements, and construction of buildings, greenhouses, and laboratories are NOT allowed.
- Equipment expenditures (defined as single item purchase greater than $5000) are rarely allowed, and you should check with NCR-SARE office before including it in your budget proposal.
- Permanent improvement to a farm or ranch, such as constructing or remodeling a building, permanent fencing, etc.
- Any meal that does not maintain the continuity of the meeting.
- Testing of specific commercial products
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NCR-SARE: Partnership Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.