National Conservation Trust Fund for Natural Resources (NCTF)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to RM300,000
Applicant type: Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: Malaysia
Location of residency: MalaysiaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The National Conservation Trust Fund for Natural Resources (NCTF) was established to carry out activities related to conservation efforts such as communication, education and public awareness, research and development, management, protection and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
NCTF's objectives are:
- To carry out long term conservation plan to support natural resource management;
- Support Sustainable Forest Management (SFM);
- Conduct research and development activities in the fields of natural resources management and conservation;
- Support capacity building for the implementation of obligations and committments under Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEA) of which Malaysia is a party of; and
- Provide a transparent mechanism for receiving and chanelling funds to support natural resource management and biodiversity conservation.
- Natural Resource Management
- Projects and activities intended to involve community participation in the management, monitoring and protection of important areas of biological diversity, and environmentally sensitive areas;
- Projects and activities intended for in-situ management and monitoring of biological diversity including ecosystems and species;
- Projects and activities intended for ex-situ management and monitoring of biological diversity, local species and genetic resources; and
- Projects and activities towards mainstreaming biodiversity conservation and sustainable management of natural resources in mitigating and adaptation to climate change.
- Research and Development
- Funding for research and development (R&D) activities in the fields of science, technology and socio-economy related to conservation of biological diversity and sustainable management of natural resources that are aligned to conservation related policies and national commitments in multilateral environmental agreements.
- Capacity Building
- Projects and activities that foster understanding in the implementation, enforcement and improvement of policies, laws, regulations, and guidelines in the fields of conservation;
- Projects and activities for human resource development and training for conservation of biological diversity and sustainable management of natural resources, including strengthening and understanding of policies, laws, regulations, guidelines and national obligations in international conventions and forums;
- Projects and activities intended to increase public awareness through education, training, and capacity development, including supporting protection and conservation campaigns; and
- Organising seminars, courses, workshops, conferences and colloquiums funded by NCTF.
- Sustainable Financing Mechanism
- Projects and activities for the implementation of sustainable financing mechanisms, financial and other sources of benefit transfer between the Federal and State governments.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The project under NCTF must be carried out in Malaysia.
- The following organisations are eligible to apply for funding from the NCTF:
- Government agencies
- Research institutes and universities
- Locally registered non-governmental organisations (NGOs), community-based organisation (CBOs) and civil society organisations (CSOs)
- Activities of proposed projects shall fall within the NCTF focal areas.
- Project duration between 6 months to 24 months.
- Funds shall not be used for:
- physical development or capital expenditure (e.g. purchase of car)
- academic sponsorship or scholarship
- Grantees shall not be eligible to apply for another NCTF grant if it has not completed an on-going NCTF funded project.
- Indirect costs such as office rent, and staff overheads (ie. percentage of staff costs) are not to be included.
- NCTF will not provide top-up funds to cover shortfalls.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NCTF Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.