NEEF: Every Day Event Grants
National Environmental Education Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $8,000
Deadline: Sep 28, 2018 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Supporting restoration and resilience efforts, while continuing to promote the importance of public lands in today’s society.
- If leading a resilience project, applicant will describe the need for the proposed plan and how natural infrastructures will be implemented or improved as a way to prevent/minimize future disasters;
- If leading a restoration project, applicant will describe when and where the disaster(s) occurred; the extent of the damage; current efforts underway by the community, and conservation activities that will take place to restore the land;
- (If leading a project that addresses both restoration and resilience, applicant will incorporate both bullets mentioned above);
- Describe how the above mentioned restoration and/or resilience events will lead to long-term impacts;
- provide details of when programming/activities will take place during the grant year. This should include any required prep days and post-work days surrounding the volunteer events;
- describe how restoration and/or resilience efforts will be used to both connect people to nature and help public lands further promote participatory, knowledge-based approaches to restoration and resilience which can also be applied at home; and
- describe how the restoration and/or resilience events will lead to long-term impacts.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Open to 501(c)(3)s who have a documented connection to a public land agency.
- These include federal, state, and local public lands agencies.
- A current partnership letter from a public land partner agency must be provided to show support of proposed project.
- Applicant must host two to three volunteer event days that focus on the restoration of a public land/space recently impacted by natural disaster and/or address the general resilience of a public land/space; and
- Provide a letter of support from a local community partner who will aid in volunteer/donation efforts.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NEEF: Every Day Event Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.