National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $2,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 15, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA), American Academy of Sanitarians (AAS), and American Public University (APU) have established education in environmental health (EH) as one of their principle goals. They believe that structured education at the undergraduate and graduate levels is important to an individual’s successful professional development in the EH field and that continuing education is a vital component in an EH professional’s continued career growth.
The purpose of the NEHA/AAS/APU Scholarship program is to encourage early commitment by students to a career in EH and to stimulate past and present graduates to pursue postgraduate studies in EH sciences. The program offers financial assistance to individuals with a demonstrable need, and serves to introduce adequately trained professionals into the EH workforce.
The scholarship is awarded for one academic year. Renewal applications are considered and reviewed as new applications. There will be two awards presented, one $2,000 award to a graduate and three $1,000 awards to the undergraduates.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The NEHA/AAS/APU Scholarship is available to applicants pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health or Postgraduate Degree in Environmental Health Sciences.
- The undergraduate scholarships are available to students who are enrolled in an approved four-year college or university that is either accredited by the Environmental Health Accreditation Council (EHAC) or is a NEHA Educational Member School
- The undergraduate scholarship is to be used toward the tuition and fees associated with either the junior or senior year of college studies.
- Must have at least one full year, (fall and spring semester) of coursework remaining to be eligible for these scholarships.
- The graduate scholarship is available to those students or career professionals who are enrolled in a graduate program at a recognized college or university with a declared curriculum in EH sciences.
- The graduate scholarship is to be used toward tuition and fees associated with graduate studies.
- Must have at least one semester, of coursework remaining to be eligible for this scholarship.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NEHA/AAS/APU Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.