National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Deadline: Mar 1, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NEHA/AAS Scholarship Information
The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) and the American Academy of Sanitarians (AAS) have established education in environmental health as one of their principle goals. They believe that structured education at the undergraduate and graduate levels is important to an individual’s successful professional development in the EH field and that continuing education is a vital component in an EH professional’s continued career growth.
As a result, the NEHA Board of Directors established a scholarship fund in 1984 that began with a gift of $1,000 from Dr. A. Harry Bliss, a NEHA Past-President, and personal donations from NEHA Board Members. Because of their strong belief in scholarship programs, AAS also made a financial donation to the NEHA program, allowing NEHA to increase the number of undergraduate scholarships awarded.
As the program grew, NEHA offered scholarships to both undergraduate and graduate students pursuing studies in the EH field. In 1996, NEHA and AAS decided to jointly fund undergraduate and graduate EH scholarships and call them the NEHA/AAS Scholarships. Funding for the scholarships is continually obtained from donations, proceeds from association fund-raisers and NEHA/AAS donation commitments. By offering the NEHA/AAS Scholarships to eligible undergraduate and graduate students, NEHA and AAS hope to positively contribute to the future of environmental health.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in an accredited college or university, with a dedicated and recognized curriculum in EH sciences, are eligible to apply for the NEHA/AAS Scholarship
- The undergraduate scholarship is to be used toward the tuition and fees associated with either the junior or senior year of college studies.
- The graduate scholarship is to be used toward tuition and fees associated with graduate studies.
- All applicants must have at least one semester, of coursework, remaining to be eligible for this scholarship.
- The purpose of the scholarship program is to encourage early commitment by students to pursue a career in EH.
- Therefore, preference is given to applicants who indicate that they intend to work as Sanitarians/Environmental Health professionals and not in related fields.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NEHA/AAS Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.