Neighborhood Grants Program: Mobilization & Leadership Grants
Baltimore Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $7,500
Anticipated deadline: Jul 20, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Maryland: Baltimore County, Baltimore city
Location of residency: Counties in Maryland: Baltimore County, Baltimore cityView website Save Need help writing this grant?
BCF aims to help neighborhoods become and remain safe, vibrant, clean and green, and to be supporters and champions of their local schools. Our Neighborhood Grants Program (NGP) offers different types of small grants to organizations pursuing these objectives.
- Mobilization Grants are for projects that will get more neighbors involved in the community.
- Leadership Grants are for projects that build new leaders or improve existing leadership in the neighborhood.
- Mobilization: $1,000 - $5,000
- Leadership: Up to $7,500 (25% match from other sources is required)
All applications must show a connection to one or more of BCF’s objectives of helping neighborhoods become safe, vibrant, clean and green and to be supporters and champions of their local schools.
Examples of suitable projects include: Neighborhood clean-up/greening, community gardens and festivals.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligibility varies by grant type. Generally, funding is for resident-led projects and community-based organizations that include resident leadership and that address a community need.
- Groups in Baltimore City and Baltimore County may apply.
- Applicants for Leadership Grants must have 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.
- Organization must have one of the following:
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit status,
- a nonprofit fiscal agent, or
- a group bank account.
- Priority will be given to projects that accomplish one or more of the following:
- Make your neighborhood safe, vibrant, clean or green;
- Support successful students and schools;
- Include diverse perspectives and participation by residents of all ages;
- Increase participation by residents, organizations and businesses in neighborhood activities and community associations;
- Increase residents’ confidence to do other projects;
- Build partnerships with residents, community based organizations, schools, religious institutions, local merchants or others.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Neighborhood Grants Program: Mobilization & Leadership Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.