Neil Ker Memorial Fund
The British AcademySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £2,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 11, 2020 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Unaffiliated Researcher Research Scientist
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
The object of this fund, established by the family and friends of Neil R Ker, FBA, is to promote the study of Western medieval manuscripts, in particular those of British interest; that is enabling investigation of their production (including decoration), readership and use in particular. The fund is not intended to support research visits to read manuscripts for their textual/historical or literary purposes. Applications are invited from both early career and established scholars of any nationality, engaged on original research intended to produce monographs, editions or studies of documents, texts or illustrations, that include the analysis of the material features of original manuscripts. Applicants should be of postdoctoral status, or have comparable experience. Awards are offered to support any aspect of research, including travel and publication.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are available for advanced research, at postdoctoral or equivalent level, in the study of Western Medieval manuscripts.
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world.
- Funds may be sought to cover the direct expenses incurred in planning, conducting, and developing the research, including:
- project planning and development costs (cost of travel for discussion in the UK and overseas)
- travel and maintenance
- research assistance (based in UK or abroad)
- specialist software
- costs of interpreters in the field
- The fund is intended to support research visits to read manuscripts for their textual/historical or literary purposes.
- Grants are not available to fund attendance at conferences or seminars.
- See complete list of items not currently eligible here.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Neil Ker Memorial Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.