Smart Growth & Climate Grants Program
New Belgium Brewing Co
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 30, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Research
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Partnering with nonprofit organizations and community involvement have always been a big part of New Belgium. It's so important to us to show up authentically in the communities where we do business, to give back to those who have supported us along the way and to advocate for a future that's bright for all. In 1995 we committed $1 for every barrel of beer sold to nonprofit organizations in the communities where we sold our beer. Since then, New Belgium Brewing has donated more than $9 million through our Grants Program. In 2018 we will donate over $900,000 to projects across the United States.
Small Grants Program Overview
The coworker grants committee was established in 1995 and to this day, remains the backbone of the Small Grants Program. This interdepartmental group, open to all interested coworkers, researches, reviews and allocates funds to worthy organizations doing important work across our areas of distribution.
The purpose of our Small Grants Program is to serve and connect with communities where we sell our beers. We want to cultivate relationships and support those making an impact. Our goal is to improve the health of the planet and inspire others to joyously embrace sustainable choices.
Category: Smart Growth and Climate
New Belgium embraces growth as a way to bring opportunity and prosperity to coworkers and their families. This path underscores the responsibility to prove business can be a force for good. We evidence this ideal by incorporating Smart Growth practices into our breweries and our communities in Fort Collins, Colorado and Asheville, North Carolina, and we support systems that promote clean air, clean water, and strong local economies for all.
We all deserve to live in places that optimize environmental, economic, and social well-being; places that will be resilient to the human impacts of climate change. By funding projects that support smart growth, we're creating opportunities for New Belgium beer drinkers to advance sustainable infrastructure in communities where we sell our beer. Let's make great neighborhoods all over the place!
We are in support of Smart Growth and Climate projects that:
- Influence development and revitalization that protects natural resources and promotes clean air, water and energy
- Incorporate strategies to strengthen or create safe transportation infrastructure with all users in mind; including bicyclists, public transportation vehicles & riders, and pedestrians of all ages and abilities
- Emphasize proactive, sustainable, inclusive planning
- Take into account climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Promote economic transition plans in fossil fuel based communities
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- New Belgium beer is now available nationwide! Which means all 50 states and the District of Columbia are eligible for small grants in 2018.
- Organizations must have 501(c)(3) status.
- We do not fund:
- Programming or projects that fall outside of our 5 grant categories: Youth Environmental Education, Sustainable Agriculture, Bicycle Advocacy, Smart Growth and Climate, and Water Conservation and Restoration
- Organizations receiving New Belgium funding, sponsorship and/or in-kind donation of beer or any New Belgium goods amounting to more than $2500 in a calendar year
- Organizations without 501(c) (3) status, we do not fund organizations utilizing a fiscal sponsor
- Organizations who partner with Tour de Fat and receive funds from this event
- Debt reduction
- Requests from individuals including scholarships
- Conferences, conventions or workshops
- Organizations for religious purposes
- Fundraising events, music festivals, film festivals or cultural events
- Direct submittals from public or private schools
- Production of films or other media-related projects
- General operating requests, institutional overhead, indirect costs, or facilities and administration costs
- Foundations who allocate requested funds to other organizations, individuals, or schools
- City, County or State agencies
- We do not offer small grants to international programs at this time.
- In order to encourage diverse income sources, organizations that have received consecutive grant funding over a three year period are not eligible to apply for one calendar year
- Requests for in-kind product donations and/or sponsorship will be immediately declined.
- Event sponsorships: Opportunities to partner with organizations interested in trading New Belgium brand exposure for product or sponsorship dollars.
- Product donations: In kind donations of beer and groovy goods to benefit worthy causes e.g. wearables, bike, etc.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Smart Growth & Climate Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.