Sustainable Agriculture Grants Program
New Belgium Brewing Co
Grant amount: US $500 - US $5,000
Deadline: Apr 30, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Partnering with nonprofit organizations and community involvement have always been a big part of New Belgium. It's so important to us to show up authentically in the communities where we do business, to give back to those who have supported us along the way and to advocate for a future that's bright for all. In 1995 we committed $1 for every barrel of beer sold to nonprofit organizations in the communities where we sold our beer. Since then, New Belgium Brewing has donated more than $9 million through our Grants Program. In 2018 we will donate over $900,000 to projects across the United States.
Small Grants Program Overview
The coworker grants committee was established in 1995 and to this day, remains the backbone of the Small Grants Program. This interdepartmental group, open to all interested coworkers, researches, reviews and allocates funds to worthy organizations doing important work across our areas of distribution.
The purpose of our Small Grants Program is to serve and connect with communities where we sell our beers. We want to cultivate relationships and support those making an impact. Our goal is to improve the health of the planet and inspire others to joyously embrace sustainable choices.
Category: Sustainable Agriculture
Beer is an agricultural product, born from nutritious soil, water, and hard-working hands. New Belgium Brewing purchases barley, hops, and various spices primarily from the United States and Canada, as well as a very small amount from abroad. Our business depends on these high quality, affordable, and reliable ingredients to make the delicious beer we all enjoy. Because of this, we value a vibrant and complete ecosystem to support our livelihoods and great beer for many generations to come.
Agriculture accounts for the majority of water consumed by human-based activity on the planet, and it emits significant greenhouse gas emissions. Through our charitable contributions and work with our suppliers, we hope to do our part in encouraging agriculture to become more sustainable and even regenerative.
We are in support of Sustainable Agriculture projects that:
- Strengthen and protect ecosystem health and biodiversity
- Breakdown barriers and foster support for the young farmers entering the profession
- Protect public health, human communities and or animal welfare
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- New Belgium beer is now available nationwide! Which means all 50 states and the District of Columbia are eligible for small grants in 2018.
- Organizations must have 501(c)(3) status.
- We do not fund:
- Programming or projects that fall outside of our 5 grant categories: Youth Environmental Education, Sustainable Agriculture, Bicycle Advocacy, Smart Growth and Climate, and Water Conservation and Restoration
- Organizations receiving New Belgium funding, sponsorship and/or in-kind donation of beer or any New Belgium goods amounting to more than $2500 in a calendar year
- Organizations without 501(c) (3) status, we do not fund organizations utilizing a fiscal sponsor
- Organizations who partner with Tour de Fat and receive funds from this event
- Debt reduction
- Requests from individuals including scholarships
- Conferences, conventions or workshops
- Organizations for religious purposes
- Fundraising events, music festivals, film festivals or cultural events
- Direct submittals from public or private schools
- Production of films or other media-related projects
- General operating requests, institutional overhead, indirect costs, or facilities and administration costs
- Foundations who allocate requested funds to other organizations, individuals, or schools
- City, County or State agencies
- We do not offer small grants to international programs at this time.
- In order to encourage diverse income sources, organizations that have received consecutive grant funding over a three year period are not eligible to apply for one calendar year
- Requests for in-kind product donations and/or sponsorship will be immediately declined.
- Event sponsorships: Opportunities to partner with organizations interested in trading New Belgium brand exposure for product or sponsorship dollars.
- Product donations: In kind donations of beer and groovy goods to benefit worthy causes e.g. wearables, bike, etc.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sustainable Agriculture Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.