NM Specialty Crop Block Grant
New Mexico Department of Agriculture
Grant amount: US $15,000 - US $100,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 10, 2018 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: New Mexico
Location of residency: New MexicoView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The purpose of the federal Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP) is to solely enhance the competitiveness of specialty crops. USDA defines specialty crops as “fruits, vegetables, tree nuts, dried fruits, horticulture, and nursery crops (including floriculture).” Enhancing competitiveness may include developing local and rural food systems and improving food access in underserved communities.
The Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP) is part of the Farm Bill. It’s administered across the nation by state departments of agriculture. In New Mexico, applicants submit proposals for the federal funding through NMDA. Successful applicants execute the work plan and all other aspects of the grant proposal, while NMDA monitors progress and acts as the fiscal agent.
Each project funded through the Specialty Crop Block Grant Program will be carried out over a one- to three-year timeframe.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Consideration for grants that increase the competitiveness of specialty crop farmers, including Native American and disadvantaged farmers, will be addressed.
- Increasing competitiveness may include developing local and rural food systems and improving food access in underserved communities.
- Grant funds cannot be awarded to projects that solely benefit a particular commercial product or provide a profit to a single organization, institution, or an individual.
- Restrictions and limitations of grant funds include:
- Capital Expenditures - (equipment, buildings, land) or expenditures to make improvements to capital assets that materially increase their value or useful life.
- General Purpose Equipment - equipment not limited to research, scientific, or other technical activities.
- Equipment - an article of nonexpendable, tangible personal property having a useful life of more than one year and an acquisition cost equal to or greater than $1,000.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NM Specialty Crop Block Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.