NMOS Research Grant & Ryan Beaulieu Research Grant
New Mexico Ornithological SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000
Deadline: Mar 15, 2019
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: New Mexico
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Founded in 1962, the New Mexico Ornithological Society (NMOS) was organized to:
- gather and disseminate accurate information concerning the bird life of New Mexico;
- promote interest in and appreciation of the value of birds, both aesthetic and economic;
- support effective conservation of the state’s avifauna;
- facilitate opportunity for acquaintance and fellowship among those interested in birds and nature; and
- issue publications as a means of furthering these ends.
The society is a non-profit organization. Membership in NMOS is open to anyone with an interest in birds. Our members include amateur ornithologists of varying skill-levels, as well as professionals.
NMOS offers two research grants each year to help support research on New Mexico birds:
The Ryan Beaulieu Research Grant
The Ryan Beaulieu Research Grant for $1000 is presented in memory of Ryan Beaulieu. Following the wishes of Ryan’s family, this grant will support research projects that do not involve the collection of birds. For more information about Ryan Beaulieu and his bird research interests, see the Audubon magazine article, Band of Brothers, about Ryan and his friends Raymond VanBuskirk and Michael Hilchey and their Rosy-Finch project.
The NMOS Research Grant
The NMOS Research Grant is also available for $1000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The grant money must be spent while conducting research on birds in New Mexico.
- The Ryan Beaulieu Research Grant will fund a project that does not involve the collection of birds; the NMOS research grant is open to all projects that meet the criteria above.
- Preference will be given to student applicants.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NMOS Research Grant & Ryan Beaulieu Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.