New York Foundation Grant
New York FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $40,000 - US $50,000
Next deadline: Nov 1, 2019
Later deadlines: Mar 1, 2020, Jul 1, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in New York: Bronx County, Kings County, New York County, Queens County, Richmond County
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Bronx County, Kings County, New York County, Queens County, Richmond CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Our grants support community-initiated solutions to solve local problems, constituents mobilizing for adequate and equitable resources, and groups organizing a collective voice among those whose voices have not been heard. Our grantees address a wide diversity of issues, but share a commitment to inspire New Yorkers to become more informed, active participants in the life of the city.
We support organizations that:
- engage people most immediately affected by problems we seek to address
- develop emerging leaders
- see opportunity and demonstrate readiness to undertake social change efforts
- are willing collaborators
We place a priority on supporting community organizing and advocacy.
- We define community organizing as bringing people together to identify issues and take joint action to bring about change. Drawing on a broad constituency that shapes and guides their agenda, community organizing groups develop and train leaders, work to promote accountability, and bring about both personal transformation and systemic change.
- We define advocacy as a strategy that raises or rallies public attention or action, in order to bring issues into the realm of public concern and effect policy change. Advocacy may be carried out by those directly affected or by others working on behalf of a constituency.
We are open to ideas in the field of community organizing and advocacy that involve a high degree of risk and will consider:
- Emerging organizations working with new constituencies;
- Untested approaches;
- Issues that have not yet received public attention.
The Foundation makes general support grants primarily to start-up organizations and project support to established organizations. General support grants to start-up groups are made for up to five years of support and project support grants to established organizations are made for up to three years.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All organizations that apply for a grant, regardless of the strategy they utilize or the issue they address, must:
- involve New York City or a particular neighborhood of the city
- address a critical or emerging need, particularly involving youth or the elderly
- articulate how a grant from the Foundation would advance their work
- We do not make grants to individuals or to capital campaigns.
- We do not consider support of research studies, films, conferences, or publications.
- We do not consider requests outside New York City except from organizations working on statewide issues of concern to youth, the elderly, or the poor.
- Our charter prohibits us from making grants outside the United States.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the New York Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.