New York State Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP) - Agricultural Land Easements (ALE)
Natural Resources Conservation Service - New YorkSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Apr 30, 2021
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Land/Habitat Conservation
Applicant type: Government Entity, Indigenous Group, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: New York
Location of residency: New YorkView website Save
The Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP) consolidates three former programs: Wetlands Reserve Program, Grassland Reserve Program and Farm and Ranch Land Protection Program. The Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP) provides financial and technical assistance to help conserve agricultural lands and wetlands and their related benefits.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants of ACEP-ALE must establish Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) eligibility through the Farm Service Agency (FSA), and Conservation Compliance through NRCS.
- The FSA and NRCS offices can be located by visiting the USDA Service Center Locator.
- Under the Agricultural Land Easements component, NRCS helps Indian tribes, state and local governments and non-governmental organizations protect working agricultural lands and limit non-agricultural uses of the land.
- Land eligible for agricultural easements includes:
- pastureland and
- nonindustrial private forest land.
- See the ACEP manual for complete requirements.
- NRCS will prioritize applications that protect agricultural uses and related conservation values of the land and those that maximize the protection of contiguous acres devoted to agricultural use.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”