Sponsoring Conference Participation in Support of Healthy Communities, Consumer Empowerment, and Veterans’ Health
NYS Health Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $4,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group Government Entity
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: New YorkView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About the Foundation
The New York State Health Foundation (NYSHealth) has a broad mission to improve the health of New York State residents, especially the most vulnerable. To achieve meaningful impact, the Foundation makes grants, informs health care policy and practice, and spreads effective programs that work to improve New York’s health system. Most of the Foundation’s grantmaking is focused on two priority areas: building healthy communities and empowering health care consumers. NYSHealth also maintains an area of focus on veterans’ health to help meet the needs of returning veterans and their families.
Empowering Health Care Consumers and its focus area on Veterans’ Health. These organizations should be elevating their work and informing key stakeholders at regional, statewide, and national conferences, meetings, and other convenings. Yet, because of a lack of time and resources, they often are unable to do so. Valuable lessons learned do not get disseminated. Abstracts do not get written. Conferences go unattended.
As the only statewide health foundation in New York, NYSHealth is playing a leadership role in building the field of leaders and changemakers working to build healthy communities, empower health care consumers, and improve veterans’ health in New York State. With this investment, NYSHealth will support these changemakers in making the most of professional opportunities from which they can learn, grow, share, and advance their work. Through this Request for Proposals (RFP), NYSHealth will sponsor community-based organizations, health departments, and other low-resource organizations to attend and present at local, State, and national conferences related to these areas. By sponsoring conference attendance, we hope not only to support those already engaged in these efforts but also to encourage new actors to enter the field. We welcome applicants who will use conference attendance to help build networks, inform thinking, shape projects, raise professional awareness, set the stage for future work, or build the field as related to NYSHealth’s interest in building healthy communities, empowering health care consumers, and improving veterans’ health.
Examples of conferences that would be considered include
Building Healthy Communities
- American Public Health Association Annual Meeting and Expo
- New York State Association for Rural Health Conference
- Association for Community Health Conference
Empowering Health Care Consumers
- Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care’s Conference
- Planetree’s International Conference on Patient-Centered Care
- The Beryl Institute’s Patient Experience Conference
- Patient Experience Summit sponsored by The Cleveland Clinic
- Academy Health’s Health Datapalooza
- Families USA Health Action conference
- National Patient Advocate Foundation’s Policy Consortium
- National Women Veterans Summit
- Student Veterans of America Annual Conference
- Cohen Veterans Care Summit
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants include health departments, community-based organizations, nonprofits, and other low-resource organizations.
- Applicants must be affiliated or employed through one of those organizations.
- Government agencies may apply through their fiduciary agents with nonprofit (501[c]) status.
- Eligible applicants do not have to be past or current grantees of NYSHealth;
- Eligible applicants must be located in New York State;
- Conferences may be at the regional, State, or national level;
- NYSHealth will accept applications on a rolling basis. Scholarships of up to $2,000 per person will be available for up to 2 attendees at each organization (a maximum of $4,000).
- Scholarship funding will be used to cover the costs of registration fees, travel and lodging, and incidentals for attendees while at the conference; and
- Applicants will be eligible for a one-time, nonrenewable award in this area.
- For-profit organizations are not eligible for funding.
- Indirect costs will not be considered.
- Conferences located outside of the United States will not be considered.
- Funding from this award may not be used to cover conference or other related travel expenses that are already being supported through another funding source.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sponsoring Conference Participation in Support of Healthy Communities, Consumer Empowerment, and Veterans’ Health by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.