Newton Bhabha Fund
The Newton Fund
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Aug 16, 2018
Applicant type: PhD Student
Funding uses: Scholarship, Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: India, United Kingdom
Must travel to: India, United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Newton Bhabha Fund aims to bring together the UK and Indian scientific research and innovation sectors to find joint solutions to the challenges facing India in economic development and social welfare. The scheme is part of the UK’s £375 million Newton Fund to support science and innovation partnerships between the UK and emerging powers.
The Newton Bhabha Fund will use the UK’s strengths in research and innovation to support greater scientific research capacity in India and build research partnerships between British and India research institutions.
The Fund will cover three broad categories of activity:
- People: building skills and capacity through training and people exchanges
- Programmes: research collaboration on development topics
- Translation: taking innovation from universities to industry
We have identified together with the Indian government three main priority areas to focus on:
- Sustainable Cities and Rapid Urbanisation
- Public Health and Well being
- Energy Water Food Nexus
The following two underpinning capabilities were also identified:
- High Value Manufacturing
- Big Data
By working together on research and innovation programmes, the UK and India will build a strong, sustainable and systemic relationship. This will support the continued excellence of a scientific research base and innovation ecosystem and act as a golden key to unlock opportunities for wider collaboration and trade between both countries.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- PhD scholarships for young Indian students to do their PhD at UK universities.
- PhD placements for young Indian and UK students to spend 3-6 months of their research at any UK university or Indian university.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Newton Bhabha Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.