NextFifty COVID-19 Response Fund
NextFifty InitiativeSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Fields of work: Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Senior Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Colorado
Location of residency: Preferred: Colorado Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Note: NextFifty Initiative has created a dedicated fund and will distribute up to $1,000,000 in grants to support organizations which have seen their operations greatly impacted by COVID-19. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and funding decisions are generally made within two weeks of application submission.
NextFifty Initiative is a Colorado-based private foundation dedicated to funding mission-driven initiatives that improve the lives of the older adult population and their caregivers. We seek to fund game-changing efforts to improve and sustain quality of life for people in their second 50 years. NextFifty Initiative educates about proven initiatives and advocates for transformational change. We consider ourselves an engine for innovation that transforms aging. Our work will impact life for generations to come.
COVID-19 Response Fund
NextFifty Initiative wants to do our part to help organizations providing needed services and supports to older adults during these uncertain times. The COVID-19 Response Fund will offer general operating support for Colorado 501(c)(3) nonprofits whose work primarily benefits older adults (those 50+) and any 501(c)(3) organization who has previously received funding from NextFifty Initiative in any state. The COVID-19 Response Fund is intended for one-time, immediate general operating support that does not exceed 17% of the organization’s operating budget for a maximum of $25,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Non-profit entities based in Colorado, organized under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code and primarily serving adults 50 and older are eligible to apply for COVID-19 Response Fund grants
- In addition, previously funded NextFifty Initiative 501(c)(3) organizations in any state may apply.
- An organization may re-apply if the organization has not received funding through the COVID-19 Response Fund and one or both of the following is true:
- Significant change in financial need due to COVID-19
- Significant change in circumstances and ability to serve older adults due to COVID-19
- The organization requesting funding must be directly involved in work that benefits adults age 50 and older. Applications are strengthened by the inclusion of underserved populations as a target (e.g., disabled, low income, rural, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ, homeless).