NH Specialty Crop Block Grant Program
New Hampshire Department of Agriculture, Markets & FoodSuggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately US $215,000
Anticipated deadline: May 1, 2020 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Research, Project / Program
Location of project: New Hampshire
Location of residency: New HampshireView website Save
The New Hampshire Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food (NHDAMF) is pleased to announce the competitive solicitation process to award Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP) funds for projects that solely enhance the competitiveness of specialty crops in New Hampshire. The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)/ Agricultural Market Service (AMS) has allocated these funds to the states and NHDAMF will be administering its portion funds as competitive grants.
The New Hampshire Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food (NHDAMF) is eligible to receive funding from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) under the Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP). The NHDAMF wishes to offer eligible New Hampshire organizations the opportunity to apply for a portion of these funds under the New Hampshire Specialty Crops Grant Program to conduct projects that benefit NH Specialty Crops.
Specialty crops are defined as: fruit, vegetable, nursery, floriculture, herb, maple, Christmas tree and honey crops. For a complete list of
eligible and ineligible crops, visit USDA AMS .
Grant projects may focus in the following areas to benefit New Hampshire Specialty Crops, but are not restricted to these areas exclusively:
- Food Safety
- Pest and Disease Prevention, Control and Eradication
- Research and Development
- Industry Promotion and Marketing
- Technology and Innovation
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- NHDAMF is seeking proposals from:
- eligible commodity groups
- agriculture organizations
- colleges and universities
- state agencies
- and non-profit organizations.
- These projects must aim to enhance the production and competitiveness of New Hampshire specialty crops.
- In order to be eligible to participate, applicants must reside in, or their business or educational affiliation must be in the State of New Hampshire.
- Preference will be given to those proposals that appear to give the broadest benefit to the New Hampshire Specialty Crop industry.
- No match is required by the recipient, but in-kind or other services will enhance the application.
- Grants are not available to offset the grantee’s normal operating expenses.
- Funding is not available for political support purposes or memberships in professional societies or trade organizations.
- Grant funds may not be used for programs the applicant is already funding.
- Funds may not be used for construction purposes.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NH Specialty Crop Block Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.