Nike Community Impact Fund
Oregon Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $20,000
Next anticipated deadline: Dec 1, 2018 11:59pm PST
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 1, 2019 11:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Oregon: Clackamas County, Columbia County, Multnomah County, Washington County, Yamhill County, Clark County, Washington Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Oregon: Clackamas County, Columbia County, Multnomah County, Washington County, Yamhill County, Clark County, Washington Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Nike Community Impact Fund was established at The Oregon Community Foundation in 2010 to benefit communities where Nike employees live, work and play. Through this fund, Nike employees work with OCF to award at least $550,000 per year to nonprofits and schools in the Metropolitan Portland region and in Southwest Washington.
The Nike Community Impact Fund exists to further Nike's goal to collaborate with local organizations to create strong communities where physical activity, play and sports are a highly valued part of everyday life.
Nike believes in the power of sport to move the world and unleash human potential. However, the world is moving less and less, and today’s generation of children is the least physically active ever. That’s why Nike works to get kids active early and for life, because active kids are happier, healthier and more successful. Together with its employees, partners, consumers and athletes, Nike supports important causes that strengthen communities across the state.
Grants are one-year awards of $5,000 to $20,000 each, with the following focus:
- 80 percent of grant awards support projects that promote sport and physical activity in the community (about 40 grants per year).
- 20 percent of grant awards support organizations and projects that address community challenges through innovative community-based solutions (about 10 grants per year).
Competitive grant proposals demonstrate the following:
- Applicant organization is well managed;
- Planning is good, goals are feasible and project budget reasonable;
- Likelihood of success high;
- Cost per participant is realistic;
- Community need and support are clear;
- Nike support will have significant impact given the project size; and
- Nike support may leverage additional resources.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant applications are accepted from nonprofits and schools in the Portland metro area, specifically, the following counties in Washington:
- Columbia; and
- Projects must primarily serve individuals in the target NCIF counties
- Applications are accepted from organizations that are:
- a 501(c)(3) public charity;
- an IRC 7871 Federally-Recognized Indian Tribe; and
- a government entity (such as a school).
- Not Eligible for Funding:
- Individuals (including scholarships, stipends, fellowships, and personal assistance);
- Group or individual travel;
- Research or project planning activities;
- Support for elite or private sports camps, programs, or teams;
- Publications or audio-visual projects;
- Endowments, memorials, budget deficits, or fundraising activities;
- Religious organizations whose programs do not have a secular and community focus;
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity/race, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical circumstances/ability or national origin;
- Lobbying, political, or fraternal activities;
- Capital projects unless Nike’s award would be the final funding needed;
- projects and events occur prior to a Nike grant award; nor
- One-day events, unless the focus of project is on program(s) leading up to a culminating event.
- If an applicant is expecting to be granted nonprofit status soon and does not have a fiscal sponsor, the applicants is NOT eligible to apply.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Nike Community Impact Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.