Nike Mid-South Cash/Product Grant (TN, AR, MS)
Nike FoundationSuggest an update
Predicted deadline: Sep 30, 2021 7:19am PDT
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Sports & Athletics Physical Fitness
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee
Location of residency: Arkansas, Mississippi, TennesseeView website Save
About this funder:
Nike believes in the power of sport to change the world. We know that sport is inspiring and unifying and creates opportunities for individuals and communities to realize their full potential.
Nike Mid-South Cash/Product Grants supports organizations in Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi that create stronger communities and places where sport and physical activity are a highly-valued part of every kid’s life.
Emphasis is placed on inclusive programs that serve underrepresented populations. Grant awards support projects that address community challenges through innovative or proven community-based solutions or promote sport or physical activity in the community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The organization seeking a Mid-South Product or Cash donation must meet at least one of these qualifications:
- Currently holds a US Federal 501(c)3 tax-exempt status,
- Is an IRC Section 7871 federally-recognized Indian tribe,
- Is a government entity, or (d) Is a school.
- The project/request for which the organization seeks a Mid-South Product or Cash donation must operate in one of these states in Tennessee (TN), Arkansas (AR) or Mississippi (MS).
- Competitive grant proposals demonstrate the following:
- Emphasis is placed on inclusive programs that serve underrepresented populations
- Employs a creative approach to, or a proven method for, addressing local needs
- Reflects careful planning, clear goals, and a plan for sustainability
- Need is clear, well established
- Amount requested is proportionate to the likely impact on the community
- NOT Eligible for Funding
- Organizations that discriminate based on age, ethnicity/race, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or other disability, or national origin
- Individuals (including scholarships, stipends, fellowships, and personal assistance)
- Group or individual travel
- Research or project planning activities
- Support for elite or private sports camps, programs, or teams
- Publications or audio-visual projects
- Endowments, memorials, budget deficits, or fundraising activities
- Religious organizations whose programs do not have a secular and community focus
- Lobbying, political, or fraternal activities
- Capital projects unless Nike’s award would be the final funding needed
- One-day events, unless the focus of project is on program(s) leading up to a culminating event
- Projects and events that occur prior to a Nike grant award (Awards for this grant cycle will be distributed on or before March 31, 2019.)
- Organization types which are not a US Federal 501(c)3 tax-exempt org, an IRC Section 7871 Federally-recognized Indian Tribe, a government entity, or a school
- A project which has received an NCIF grant award for the same project in the past 36 months
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”