Nike N7 Fund Grant
Nike FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Apr 4, 2021 12:00am PDT
Grant amount: US $15,000 - US $20,000
Fields of work: Native American Services Sports & Athletics
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
N7 began with a vision. In 2000, Sam McCracken had a business idea to provide access to Nike products directly to Native American tribes to support health promotion and disease prevention programs. Seven years after Nike’s Native American division began, the Nike design team collaborated with various community experts and tribal leaders to create footwear specifically for the Native American community, called Nike Air Native N7. Beginning in 2009, Nike expanded the N7 Brand to include a collection available for purchase by anyone inspired by Native athletes and the N7 Fund.
N7 is our commitment to bring sport and all of its benefits to Native American and Aboriginal communities in the United States and Canada. Through activity, competition and play you can unleash the power of your generation. You can grow up active and healthy. Sport gives you self-confidence, enabling you to be a force for positive change in your community. Nike N7 and the N7 Fund are aligned with Nike’s Community Impact commitment to get kids moving through sport and play so that they can lead healthier, happier and more successful lives.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible to receive an N7 grant, an applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- For U.S. applicants, you must be one of the following:
- A 501(c)(3) public charity;
- A Federally-recognized Indian Tribe; or
- A school, but you must have a fiscal sponsor who has tax-exempt status.
- For Canadian applicants, you must be a non-profit entity or a registered First Nation.
- Program must serve the Native American or Aboriginal community. (No less than 90%)
- Have a sport or physical activity focus.
- Serve youth, ages 18 years of age and under.
- Agree to provide reports demonstrating results from N7 grant funds
- Strong applications:
- Applicant organization is well managed.
- Goals are feasible and well-planned and project budget is reasonable.
- Likelihood of success is high.
- Cost per participant is realistic.
- Community need and support are clear.
- Measurement plan is feasible.
- Nike N7 support will have significant impact given the project size.
- Nike N7 support may leverage additional resources.
- Not eligible for funding:
- One-time event support
- Individuals (including scholarships, stipends, fellowships, and personal assistance).
- Group or individual travel.
- Research or project planning activities.
- Support for elite or private sports camps, programs, or teams.
- Publications or audio visual projects.
- Endowments, memorials, budget deficits, or fundraising activities.
- Religious organizations whose programs do not have a secular or community focus.
- Lobbying, political, or fraternal organizations.
- Capital projects unless Nike N7’s award would be the final funding needed.
- Projects and events occur prior to a Nike N7 Fund award.
- Successful applicants will not be eligible for the following three grant cycles.